What's new

something's a might bit fishy 'round here...

KingTom

aka "Passion"
My computer was up sh*t creek without a paddle for quite a while last month and the month before that. We sent it to the guys who sold it to us, and they said there was a virus on it. They (I think) just formatted C: and re-installed my copy of Windows 98 SE on it. Now though, It only has DirectX 4 on it, & I can't update it. Seriously guys, the darn thing is lying through its teeth at me, telling me it updates itself, when nothing's changed. I can't even play Pac-Man all stars! my life is a mess here I'm ready to :gunman: snap!

Alchy

I've never had that happen to me. My only suggestion (aside from updating drivers/software for everything else in your PC, obviously) is to go to Microsoft's Windows update page and grab all the patches for 98 from there.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
KingTom said:
They (I think) just formatted C: and re-installed my copy of Windows 98 SE on it. Now though, It only has DirectX 4 on it, & I can't update it.

Windows 98 SE comes with DirectX 6.

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Updated video drivers? Sound drivers? And, some newer games don't really work all that well on 98, though most DO support it still.