What's new

Who's responsible for an`official` compatibility list..?

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
I'll cut most of the talk about how impressed I am with Dolphin for now. ;) Enough so that I've fallen back in love with emulation after a long time.
I wondered who - if anyone - is maintaining any kind of "official" compatibility list for Dolphin? As an experienced games tester I'd like to offer my time and service to helping out, as I think I could be of some serious use to this project.

I have a fairly extensive collection of PAL NGC games (20 PAL games, the PAL Freeloader, Action Replay, the much sought after Zelda Collection and USA Animal Crossing) which I'd be willing to take the time to rip and try on Dolphin, then report back on. I also have the benefit of two different systems to test games on, the GF4 one in my signature as well as a Radeon 9800 equipped 2.2GHZ machine. (Full list of games below)

Note that I'd rather this went to some official/semi official capacity use for the emulator, (such as ini file or official list for site etc.) purely because of the time involved in checking each game, trying configs, not to mention the ripping... ;)

Ah, it's just like the old days of TRWin/TR64... right down to the graphical issues and blackness. ;) How I've missed this fun. :)
Anyway, if anyone officially involved in some way would be interested, just let me know. I'm not looking for any credit - I'm looking to help.

Games:
(PAL UK unless otherwise stated)
Eternal Darkness
F-Zero GX
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Medal of Honor: Frontline
Metroid Prime
Pikmin
Resident Evil
Starfox Adventures
Star Wars: Rogue Leader
Super Monkey Ball
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Smash Bros. Melee
The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker (+The Ocarina Of Time disc)
The Legend Of Zelda: Collectors Edition (4-Game disc from promo)
Timesplitters 2
Tony Hawk 3
Tony Hawk 4
Turok Evolution
Waverace: Blue Storm

Animal Crossing (USA)
Freeloader (UK Version)
Action Replay (UK Version)

bLAdEbLA

Insert clever rhetoric here.
Stalkid64, to my knowledge there is no "official" compatibility list at the moment. I seem to be the person maintaing the "unofficial" list, if you go to the sticky topic at the top of the forum you'll find my most recent version.

kage

And just to quickly interject, I beleive it is called "bLAdEbLA's unofficial thanks to kage compatability list"

j/k man :p

:ninja:

Try and catch one of the authors on irc and ask them. As usual #Emulation64 on Efnet is the best place to be.

OP
Stalkid64

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
sytaylor said:
Try and catch one of the authors on irc and ask them. As usual #Emulation64 on Efnet is the best place to be.
For some reason I just never thought of that... maybe closer to the next version since there are bound to have been some major changes already since the teaser.

Scha

Stalkid64 said:
For some reason I just never thought of that... maybe closer to the next version since there are bound to have been some major changes already since the teaser.

What makes you think the teaser had everything that the internal beta had at release time ;)

They might have left out something for some reason or another.. Anyway.. I'm really looking forward to the next release, and hope it comes really soon....... like.. right after i post this...

gonna go check the homepage.. might have my wish come true :p

Scha :D

OP
Stalkid64

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Falcon4ever said:
The official compat. list is coming soon, but i will see when we will make it public.
I'm in no hurry. It's an open offer, should the team want any particular PAL game tried out that I have (if they have no legitimate access to it, for example) I'm both willing and able to spend the time trying things out on a `professional` basis.