What's new

Jabos 1.5.1 plugin freezes with 1964

minkster

i started playing conkers bad fur day (U) and used jabo 1.5.1. everytime i play the game like 30 minutes later the sound would stutter and freeze. it doesnt hapen with rices plugin tho. kinda weird tho

loleoc

minkster said:
any ideas on how to fix this?

With your machine you can use Project 64!!!! This game is falwess with the next things enabled:

Project 64 1.51
Jabo Audio 1.51
Jabo direct3d 1.51

Roms settings: ABL disabled, CF to 1.

OP
minkster

minkster

loleoc said:
With your machine you can use Project 64!!!! This game is falwess with the next things enabled:

Project 64 1.51
Jabo Audio 1.51
Jabo direct3d 1.51

meh i no i just am too lazy to switch emu's and cant figure out how to transfer 1964 save files to pj64 (visa versa)

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
loleoc said:

Project 64 1.51
Jabo Audio 1.51
Jabo direct3d 1.51

Oh oh, not good to use CF1, otherwise you will get slowdowns, even when your processor is beyond the minimum requirements. To avoid slowdowns, *always* use CF3 with Conker's Bad Fur Day.

OP
minkster

minkster

the game doesnt seem to slow down for me...it just seems to stop playing and freezes so i hafta press ctrl alt delete and end the process. i guess i will just stick with pj64 with this game

loleoc

RJARRRPCGP said:
Oh oh, not good to use CF1, otherwise you will get slowdowns, even when your processor is beyond the minimum requirements. To avoid slowdowns, *always* use CF3 with Conker's Bad Fur Day.

Not slowdowns for me (always 60 vi/s), and with a Pentium 4 2.8 the game shouldn´t have slowdowns. With cf 1 the gameplay is smooth, like playing with a n64.

OP
minkster

minkster

i got my problem fixed because i was stupid and didnt relize i was using jabos 1.5 plugin and not 1.5.1. and 1.5.1 fixed my problems .....yes i am a dumbass :p

OP
minkster

minkster

i just tried cf 1 and the game play was smooth BUT i tested different sound plugins and unfortunately jabo's sound with pj64's rsp makes cf 1 game play slow. i used azimers hle audio v0.55.1 alpha with pj64's rsp and expeirenced fast smooth game play compared to cf3

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
loleoc said:
Not slowdowns for me (always 60 vi/s), and with a Pentium 4 2.8 the game shouldn´t have slowdowns. With cf 1 the gameplay is smooth, like playing with a n64.

OK, something's fishy here. I can use Project64 1.5 without changing the CF and still get full speed with my Athlon XP T-bred 2000+ processor, but with 1964, Conker's Bad Fur Day actually slows down unless I change the CF to CF3 and
CF3 with Project64 1.5 apparently only requires CF3 for processors slower than around 1.3 ghz.

OP
minkster

minkster

gandalf said:
But ,the best settings are the defaults of the emu.

sometimes if you fiddle around with the settings you'll get good results too and maybe even better than the default.