What's new

just a short question....

Skaarj

Can Dolphin read original game cube games when inserted in the cd rom drive like all those PSX emulators can read original PSX games?

kage

Apparently the Gamecube discs are written from the outside of the disk to the center, and thats how the Cube itself reads them. CD's and DVD's however are read in exactly the opposite way, inside to out, so you can see the dillema of just popping a 'cube' game into the drive and playing it with this emu.

If you check these forums you can find out more about it. Hope that answers your question.

:ph34r:

dukenukem

lord freiza
my god man this has been answered alot no it cannot because the gamecube discs can't be read in cd and dvd drives.

LI9UID

if we could somehow read gamecube minidvd's on our pc dvd players why
would we need to connect the Gamecube to the pc by ethernet to rip games huh?
It is IMPOSSIBLE to read those disc on pc dvd players . believe me a lot of "hacking gods" have tried many ways to read minidvds and the only way is how i said before .
It's the same problem that we had for Dreamcast GDRom discs....
Great technology they found there ;p

Cheers

*LI9UID*

edit >> please for all of us search the board if your question hasn't been already asked/answered before posting same questions.

thanks

Last edited:

Gladiac0190

It's not possible (yet). Maybe there is a way with hacked firmware and hacked IOCTL or ASPI drivers... But this is not legal because of copyright of the firmware/driver producer. And nobody did already something like that ;D.

So, the only is the "well known one" with PSO, ACL and BBA, which ís not illegal in any way...