What's new

Worms: Armageddon

Cadex

Has anyone managed to get this game running well? The only problem with this game seems to be the video plugins. Each one has different issues, as far as I can tell:
(I realize these might be specific to my system/video card)

Jabo 1.5.1: fades out very slow, worms always face left, textures near screen edges messed up
Rice 5.2.0-5.4.3b: some severe slowdowns, usually when a weapon is fired or explosion occurs. looks great otherwise (in DirectX... OpenGL is messed up).
Glide64: very slow, worms always face left, many visual problems

So it's really a toss-up between Jabo's and Rice's video. I tried changing the video settings and CF but nothing really made a difference.

Too bad, it's a fairly fun game. ;)

Burglar

Hello !!!

First of all, sorry for my English...
-------------------------------------

I also tried a lot of plugins for this game and I think that best result we can see in combination "Project 64 1.5 SP1" + "Jabo's Direct 3D 1.5.1".
With PJ-64 and Jabo's plugin I have a good speed, but some graphic errors in "Worms: Armageddon".
Other combinations "emulator" + "plugin" are slow but graphic some times better.

P.S.: My PC: Pentium-4 2.6 with HT (don't look at last line I mast change it).

Bye !!!

OP
C

Cadex

I tried Project64, and it has the same problems as 1964, doesn't seem any faster on my system.

Jabo's plugin seems to be very slow with a full screen fade in other games too, like Mario Party and Zelda:MM.