What's new

massage for dolphin creators and futur developpers...

bass17000

Hello. I'm french and I have just 2 questions for you but before I want to say you that dolphin is an incredible work. congratulations.

My first question is about the speed. I just want to ask you if it will be possible to optimize the code for run the games faster in the futur. For exemple will it be possible to play at 60 fps a game as zelda or another on a athon 2Ghz.

The second is about the format of the iso (gcm). I'd like to know if it could be possible to load .rar games instead of .gcm because the size is very better in .rar format...

Thanks for all and good luck for the futur.
Your work is in good way.... ;-)

bLAdEbLA

Insert clever rhetoric here.
bass17000 said:
Hello. I'm french and I have just 2 questions for you but before I want to say you that dolphin is an incredible work. congratulations.

My first question is about the speed. I just want to ask you if it will be possible to optimize the code for run the games faster in the futur. For exemple will it be possible to play at 60 fps a game as zelda or another on a athon 2Ghz.

The second is about the format of the iso (gcm). I'd like to know if it could be possible to load .rar games instead of .gcm because the size is very better in .rar format...

Thanks for all and good luck for the futur.
Your work is in good way.... ;-)

I'm not a creator or developer, but I may be able to help you with a question or 2.

1. I don't think speed is a priority for the developers right now (correct me if I'm wrong). I'd say they would be leaning more towards plugins and compatibility.

2. If you use the shrinker tool, you can remove all the free space at the end of your ripped .gcm file to make it a more manageable size. I think at the moment, rar compression doesn't do much better than that.