What's new

Finished Zelda Ocarina Of Time with NO crashes!

bositman

I played it all the way from the start(with 1.4 and the new .rdb) all default settings except the emulate clear which i enabled.The only bug that really annoyed me was the menu subscreen taking too long to appear and a weird error:if i switch from fullscreen to windowed or vise versa 2 times, the second time PJ64 freezes...with no errors.Happens all the time with Zelda,randomly on other games
System specs at signature..oh and :pj64:

alankky

I always use a "Tactic" to play Zelta MM, in particular for the mini-game like array shooting or chopping wood in Clock town.

It is "Quick Save, Quick Load". It rocks !

Easy for me to get top score.

:cool:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
This is a known issue (well, sorta).
Switching to and from fullscreen isn't perfect. In fact, it is the fullscreen that isn't perfect. U should play windowed or at fullscreen. One of them. I suggest windowed, though, as if something switches from the emulator, u can't resume! So save often!

Wings

Problems with color

1. Using Project 64, Although my laptop(Celeron 800 MHz, 128 Ram, 8Mb Video Ram assigned, NO VIDEO Accelerator board) does not comply with minimal requirements it runs ZELDA well enough. The problem is after the initial presentation appears the screen where you select the palyer, everything in the same color so u can't see what are you selecting. After that everything looks fine.
Any tip?
2. Where do I configure the keyboard assignments?

Mayco

I have that full-screen bug thing also on my pc, maybe it is due to windows xp, cuz bositman, doomulation and I have win xp

Last edited:

Triz

i have winXP and i don't experience no such 'fullscreen' glitch it might be something with the homeversion of winXP or something but i've never had problems when switching from fullscreen or vice versa

ZakkWylde

Sometimes when I switch from FS to windowed, the game becomes laggy but never crashes. This hasn't happened in awhile though.

OP
bositman

bositman

have winXP and i don't experience no such 'fullscreen' glitch it might be something with the homeversion of winXP or something but i've never had problems when switching from fullscreen or vice versa

Nope..i have WinXP Professional

Zoomer

damn menu

Yeah I really hate how long it takes to load up the menu subscreen, the background is always the last room you entered too. Weird.

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
yeah i notice that also when playing......

lol its a weird bug, now where ever i go to the subscreen i see the background of the store in koroki forest (how the heck do you spell it well anyway0

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
no, its not a glitch.

to fix it: play with the setting called 'Frame Buffer Emulation' (set it to 'copy buffer' i think) this would fix the background in the start menu, the picture of link in the equipment screen and speed up the loading of the start menu! :)

too good to be true u say? well, the down side is that Zelda's overall speed will be much slower, no matter ur system specs. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

this problem is due to the fact that pc's architecture is very different from n64's. it is not fixable, unless manufacturers change the way they make ur pcs.

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
Wow didn't know that....

Thanks for the info pj64er i wonder if that little trick fixes other things in other games?? hummmm, like a special little glitch in a game (which probably went unnoticed) called goemons adventure 2 (which is actually pretty cool and quite fun 2-4 players, 4 players if you beat it and get everything ;-))........ oh wait my pc's customade aslo damn cusin of mines grrrrr.......... but in any case :pj64:, oh and the glitch in goemon 64 2 was that when you entered a certain part of a cave and when you went under water a weird black screen would cover most of the screen makin it damn near imposible to move on, (only way ive seen around it was to enable wireframe thingy)

Last edited: