What's new

Is 1964 progres limited for the end of Jabo video plug-in??

AlfreX

Hi, first, thank you for this GREAT EMU!!:D .

Im think, that 1964 emu progres is limited for the stop/end of the Jabo video plug in. are you programing other own video plug in for your emulator?

BYE and thanks for your work!!:colgate:

crhylove

Banned
other gfx plugins

well, for one thing, jabo 1.4 is a great gfx plugin. not many games need another, however MY two fave n64 roms don't work with jabo (puzzle league, dr. mario), so other/newer gfx plugins ARE important.

for one, there is the 1964 included open gl plugin. it has it's flaws, but i imagine someone will work on it in the future.

also, there is the RCP plugin, which is not dead i don't think.

i've heard rumour of someone ripping apart corn (and uhle, seperately) and making their gfx portions into plugins. that's a huge project though and may be vapor ware.

F|res mentioned starting an open source plugin in the irc channel, but god only knows.

the daedelus author is supposedly taking the daedelus code and making a plugin zilmar spec.

azimer said he was doing some gfx stuff the other day, probably for apollo, but it may end up being zilmar spec some day. he also is working on a newer audio plugin, and his old one is the norm for 1964 currently, so any news from him is especially encouraging.

all this and more that i fail to mention i've read and seen online, but there is other things happening too, like rumours of jabo still coding his plugin or eventually releasing code, etc.

so my conclusion would be that the future of 1964 is anything but doomed, as it is open source, frequently updated, and there are alot of eventual gfx plugin happenings in the wind.

i think that maybe rice and schibo are more focused on core emulation as the foundation for n64 emulation, and think of gfx as a more logical second step. as :1964: draws closer to 100% compat (what is it, like 88% now?), gfx will become a more pressing issue. first things first.

i'd like to hear anyone else's thoughts/ideas about it though, this is all just speculation on my part.

rhy:devil:

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Only time will tell... But in the meantime, Jabo's dll is more then enough.

bodie

it maybe limited in games such as resident evil which needs better graphics support .. but not limited in the sense that not many have tried to get banjo tooie working (protection).. i would be very surprised if jabos plugin showed nothing on that .. i am pretty certain it would .. so yes and no :) thats no answer at all really is it :p
but you get the picture
bodie

sk8bloke22

roll for life
well its got tons of core issues with incompatible games that no-one knows are playable on jabos plugin. roughe squadran for example....and banjo tooie.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
Banjo Tooie actually works fine in my plugin.

Rogue Squadron's PC port, along with a slew of other ones like Indiana Jones are way better than the N64 port, it's almost pointless to emulate games that have PC ports that are better.

Last edited:

crhylove

Banned
nemu and banjo

can anyone confirm or deny that tooie is working in the nemu beta? seems like they would've HAD to break the encryption to do that, eh? i can't imagine they wouldn't want to help the rest of us out with the info on how.

rhy

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
can anyone confirm or deny that tooie is working in the nemu beta? seems like they would've HAD to break the encryption to do that, eh? i can't imagine they wouldn't want to help the rest of us out with the info on how.

They have screenshots posted at www.nemu.com Its awesome isnt it?