What's new

Zelda Master Quest Prob

snowverkill

This really doesn't affect gameply, but it's bothering me because it shouldn't be happening on a machine like mine. I'm having the problem where the light coming out of the boxes is black or not there. I read some posts and the gamefaq in pj64. I tried gl4, but i never found out if that solved the light problem because it cause so many other problems that i immediately switched back to jabo. here's my specs.

pentium 4 @ 1.8ghz
256 mb ram
nVidia GeForce 4 MX 420 Video card.

Why am I having this problem?

Also, is there a better way to fix the start screen delay than the cheat? there's still a bit of lag and graphic distortion with it, and i thought someone might have figured out a better solution.

Also, this might be utter insanity on my part, but does it seem to anyone like link walks slower in master quest? i don't know if it's something to do with the rom or the fact that it was ported over from the GC stickc to the n64 stick or that i'm just imagining it, but it seems like link used to run faster. i've configured my controller a bunch of times so it's not that. i'm probably just crazy.

A big thank you to all the people whose hardwork makes PJ64 and this forum possible.

Clements

snowverkill said:
This really doesn't affect gameply, but it's bothering me because it shouldn't be happening on a machine like mine. I'm having the problem where the light coming out of the boxes is black or not there. I read some posts and the gamefaq in pj64. I tried gl4, but i never found out if that solved the light problem because it cause so many other problems that i immediately switched back to jabo. here's my specs.

pentium 4 @ 1.8ghz
256 mb ram
nVidia GeForce 4 MX 420 Video card.

Why am I having this problem?

The GeForce MX is the source of the problem. With a GeForce 3 Ti, the problem doesn't occur with Jabo's D3D6 1.5.1. Using other plugins corrects the chest, but most plugins aren't as good as Jabo's with Zelda (glN64() is closest)

snowverkill said:
Also, is there a better way to fix the start screen delay than the cheat? there's still a bit of lag and graphic distortion with it, and i thought someone might have figured out a better solution.

Change the CF to 1 in the game settings is the other way, but boosts the system requirements a little bit.

snowverkill said:
Also, this might be utter insanity on my part, but does it seem to anyone like link walks slower in master quest? i don't know if it's something to do with the rom or the fact that it was ported over from the GC stickc to the n64 stick or that i'm just imagining it, but it seems like link used to run faster. i've configured my controller a bunch of times so it's not that. i'm probably just crazy.

You're just imagining that.

Clements

Forgot to say that it doesn't work for everybody (although it works for me). You'll be better off with the cheat if this is the case.