I've got a "basic for N64 emulation" system configuration:

PIII 600
riva TNT2 M64
128MB Ram @133MHz
Win 2K Pro
SB PCI 128
20 Gigs @ 5400 rpm

I want to do a little upgrade: 256Mb or 384 Mb ram

Do you think that improve emulation for me??
few times games have video slowdowns and pratically every moment the sound jerks with any plugin.

Thx!!

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
u should go for a new cpu. its not needed for 1964 but try to hav around 1Ghz. slow cpu makes slow emulation makes jerky sound.

flow``

flow``
I believe rice is on a 600 mhz computer.. I don't think the requirements are that high for 1964 like they are for other emu's like pj64 and apollo or tr64. Try closing all programs running in the background and give your computer a fresh boot. also toning down your video card settings should help. If you don't have them, get the latest Nvidia video card drivers (nvidia.com). Also DirectX 8.1 might be a solution if your using an older version.

schibo

Emulator Developer
I am also on a 600 MHz machine. It is plenty fast. If you get choppy sound, try increasing the audio buffer size and/or disable video sync. with your 133 MHz bus, you should do even better, assuming your bus is running at that speed

schibo

OP
O

opale

Metal Listener
You've damn right!!! My DIMM is a PC133, but my bus is @ 100MHz!!!

At the moment I can only buy some ram. Do You Really Think that an increase of ram don't make much for me???

Thx

P.S. I play af full Fps only if I use No Sound Plugin