What's new

How to run a original Disc...?

Yoshiki01

Hi!
I tried to start one of my original GameCube-DVDs with the emulator.
But my DVD-Rom didn´t read the Mini-DVD.
How can I run this Mini-DVDs? :huh:

[vEX]

niechift.com
You can't, you can to rip it from the GC -> PC yourself though. Can't be discussed here though, try google.

vleespet

The decent one
No, you're wrong! Then the disc will get damaged! You need to use a black waterproof marker and then make two big stripes over the entire disc (preferably with a 90 degree corner).

Last edited:

ector

Emulator Developer
boiling scratched CDs in water is actually a good method to clean them :)

Anyhow Dolphin will probably not ever be able to read original Gamecube games. Use .GCM images. Rename .ISOs to .GCM since they are the same thing but dolphin only opens them if named GCM currently. Don't ask here how or where to get them.

Evrain

The Forbidden One
If I may ask ector, how does the shrinker actually identifies active game data and filler data? Or is just a massive amount of FFs or 00s?
Evrain

FiRES

Emulator Developer
Evrain said:
If I may ask ector, how does the shrinker actually identifies active game data and filler data? Or is just a massive amount of FFs or 00s?
Evrain

It rebuilds the FST and restructures all files.

cheers,
F|RES

krono6

wow

This is the only post I seen with Ector and F|res in it.
I would just like to say, you both are doing a brilliant job with dolphin, keep up the good work!
oh, and I have news that NBA Live 2004 might work Perfectly, thats what my friend says, I may go to his house today to try it, if you want to try it, it will be great for the screenshot page for the fans :)

Oh, and this question has nothing to do with Gamecube, however, I want to learn Java Programming later on in the year maybe and I would like to ask a question on that topic. I hear that with a degree in Java Programming I can get a very good job in computing, is that true? because I'm in my last year in school and want to be a programmer soon. (hobbie and proffession)

Evrain

The Forbidden One
A programmer... in my personal opinion, you could get better results with C/C++, although Java/HTML/Php are required anyway for a job into a SH.
Evrain