What's new

Need Help With Project 64 Emulater

pheonix

Can someone please help me on this problem? When I first downloaded the emulator everything was fine and i could play my pokemon stadium game, but after a while I got a Graphics Error and it this what it say Direct 3D failed to initialize your HAL device make sure you have a properly configured 3D graphics card compatible with direct 3D 6.0. I don't know what this mean, so can someone help me out? I try re-downloading the emulator again but this time, the message showed up when I finished downloading it. =\

Thanks to the people who help me out.

Solidus777

Guy Who Does Stuff
I had this happen to me. You have to COMPLETELY unistall PJ64 (that means using the unistall from registry things in the PJ64 directory) and you have to delete some other entries (JaboSoft is one of them, I can't remember the other). Do that and reinstall PJ64.

OP
P

pheonix

Solidus777 said:
I had this happen to me. You have to COMPLETELY unistall PJ64 (that means using the unistall from registry things in the PJ64 directory) and you have to delete some other entries (JaboSoft is one of them, I can't remember the other). Do that and reinstall PJ64.

I just did that now, but same message keep showing up =\ HELP!!!!!

L

Lachp30

Try 1964 - or check the Project 64 game FAQ for more answers - it always helps me:)

L

Lachp30

Ok, can you give us your exact details of your computer - this may help to determine weather your computer is suitable for emulation - do other games work?

OP
P

pheonix

Lachp30 said:
Ok, can you give us your exact details of your computer - this may help to determine weather your computer is suitable for emulation - do other games work?

I only have one game.

Sony
1.30GHz Pentium 4
Window 2000 -Me Millennium
400MHz
128MB
60Gb
thats enough?

L

Lachp30

What about your graphics card? This could be the problem. This can easly be found by going to the video settings in control panel and going to the last tab (it is written there somehwere)

Last edited:
OP
P

pheonix

Lachp30 said:
What about your graphics card? This could be the problem

It says Cutting-edge Graphics
NVIDIA
Geforce2 MX
16MB VRAM

I'm not sure what those means...

L

Lachp30

Bleough, I have a Geforce 2 MX with 64mb of Ram and it works fine. Im sure its a problem with your graphics card mate, I'm sorry, but with my knowladge, Im not sure what else to sudgest:(

Kaoss626

try reinstalling DirectX. I think I've had the same thing after I reinstalled video drivers. I seem to think thats what fixed it for me

and the D-pad thing, make sure that you have the controller plugin configured correctly. including settings for the dpad and all other buttons. I have Pokemon stadium for the console and PJ64. as I recall the game relies heavily on the dpad.

OP
P

pheonix

Kaoss626 said:
try reinstalling DirectX. I think I've had the same thing after I reinstalled video drivers. I seem to think thats what fixed it for me

and the D-pad thing, make sure that you have the controller plugin configured correctly. including settings for the dpad and all other buttons. I have Pokemon stadium for the console and PJ64. as I recall the game relies heavily on the dpad.

How do I reinstalled the video drivers?

OP
P

pheonix

Also, when I try to download the older version of pj64 i get the same message that appear when the download is complete.

Graphics Error
direct 3D failed to intialize your HAL device...and blaw blaw blaw

Kaoss626

you get the error becuase jabo 1.5 and all other versions of his plugin rely on directx to handle calls on the graphics card rather than the plug in call the card directly. this way he can write a plugin that works on many different cards rather than just one. I'm thinking the source of the error is from directx not the graphics plugin.... hence the direct3d the 3d video portion of directx "failed to initialize your HAL device"