What's new

(Playstation Emulation) what plugins and emulator should i get??

Fastrap

i already know were to get isos.

i just dont know how to set up the emulators and bios and i dont know which emulator would work with my pc plugins etc.

somebody help a fellow gamer out!!

revl8er

That Damn Good
Well looking at your specs, you might wanna try using either epsxe, PSXeven, or emurayden. To set up the bios, just put the bios files in the bios folder and when you start epsxe it will let you set your emulator up, so just select the bios you want to use. On PSXeven just go to the advanced tab and then select the bios tab and you should be able to select your bios. You will need to test out different plugins for your system. If you use emurayden, you won't need to use any kind of plugin or bios, but you won't be able to load isos unless you have daemon's tools.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Now now, always use epsxe. For plugins, there's always a set I recommend to download. Pete's plugins (or peops as it's known now) for gfx, sound and cdrom. For sound, also try grabbing eternal's and null's (afaik, the only sound plugin that actually emulates sound correctly in ff9).
And that should be all you need.

Remember to get all pete's plugin (directx, opengl and soft). As said, epsxe has a guide to config it when you start it. I don't know if the directx/opengl ones will run well, so if they don't, try the soft one. For sound, epsxe's sound core is usually fine. For cdrom, I usually pick pete's due to that I can use patches to auto-patch.

Any plugin you'd want is attainable from the download section I presume (is it?)

revl8er

That Damn Good
I have graphics errors in some square games and most of the resident evil games that I don't get while using peops plugin. I haven't tried using any patches though so I don't know if that will correct it.

gamerk316

I've been using petes opengl plugin on epsxe for some time, and i haven't had any trouble yet. The secret is setting the plugin up for your machine.

sheik124

Emutalk Member
Fastrap said:
i already know were to get isos.

i just dont know how to set up the emulators and bios and i dont know which emulator would work with my pc plugins etc.

somebody help a fellow gamer out!!
i have the same gpu as you and PEOPS SoftDriver 1.5 worked fine for me, course after i got my voodoo2 i use Lewpy's Glide Plugin cus its awesome

revl8er

That Damn Good
I've been using petes opengl plugin on epsxe for some time, and i haven't had any trouble yet. The secret is setting the plugin up for your machine.

Well I have tried every setting on that plugin and I still get slight graphics issues. I'm not complaining about it because it works with almost every game, all I was stating earlier was that peop's plugin works better for me with most games.