What's new

Paper Mario + gln64 (possible solution)

Arrowmf

I'm trying to make paper mario work on my machine. You can see the specs Below. I used the plugin gln64, and it work very well. The only problem is in Toad Town where you can see some flickering.

So i tried to enable the option hardware frame buffer textures (experimental). The flickering thing disapear , but when i move mario, the background pop up in front of everything and i can't see anything.
But the flickering was disapeared.

After this i tried the rice's daedalus plugin. In the settings, i choose opengl and i used the default settings for the other options. The game was not very beaitiful with this pluggin and there was the flickering thing in Toad Town. So i tried to change this option:

Frame Update At : At Cl change. And guess what, the flickering disapear. The problem is that this plug in not work very well with paper mario. The graphics seem corrupted.

So i'm pretty sure the flickering problem in paper mario toad town is due to the frame update that are store in the buffer. It would be great if the makers of gln64 could fix this and add an option like the one in rice's daedalus plugin ( Frame Update At : At Cl change ). I'm pretty sure it's a minor issue. But the problem is: how can we contact them? Someone can help me with this?

Thks

** I tried the glide64 plugin, and the games run well, but the menu is not readable at all. This is why i choose gl64 wich give me the best result for the gameplay and the menu.

P3 733 mhz
nvidia geforce3 ti-200 with last nvidia drivers

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
You don't need to contact the glN64() author; he's right here at the boards, browsing around ;) Orkin will see your message soon enough, be so sure.
Or, you could pm him.