What's new

Dk64

Haku

Having some probs with donkey 64.It runs fine ,but the sound cuts when it gets to that stupid dk rap at the start and the buttons are unresponesive.Tried running it in project 64 ,pressing start at the rap to get to the main menu ,then doing a save state then loading that into 1964 ,but it don't work.

Why is the controller not responding in this game and how do I sort it out?

scotty

The Great One
its a matter of the counter factor problems in this game. I think if you set the counter factor at the beginning to 5, you shouldnt have a problem, just switch it back once you start playing

OP
H

Haku

There is no counter factor of 5

Only 1 x .5
1x1
2x1
2x2
3x1.5
3x3
4x2
8x4

Only one it seems to work on is 8x4 ,so I did that got into the game ,set it back and took a savestate. ,but now when I load the state it's just a black screen.

OP
H

Haku

Well whats the lastest version ,I'm using 0.9.9 and thats all I can see on the web site

scotty

The Great One
perhaps you are looking at the menu counter factr. Try right clicking on the game, and left-clicking ROM properties, then you might think in terms of what I am talking about. I wouldnt mess with any of these settings unless you know what you are doing (I admit I dont, I just experiment sometimes), but counter factor has to be adjusted sometimes