What's new

Goldeneye, complex level, flickering

Kethinov

Goldeneye, complex level, flickering (SOLVED)

Hi all. System specs below.
Running 1964 0.9.9
Jabo Direct3d6 1.5.1
Azimer's Audio 0.2 (Driver rev 1.1)

Works fantastic.
Problem is though when I play on my favorite multiplayer level, the complex, everything flickers.

I'm pretty sure this is a core issue because I tried it with other plugins and with project64 using various plugins. Aside from that, I've got Goldeneye humming like a bee.

Last edited:

scotty

The Great One
Weird; I have the same problem, I dont use multiplayer stuff, but yes the Temple also does this for me. Rice's Plugin and Jabos both do this.

I also notice now that I have played this that the audio sounds different for the original cartridge (yes I am using the (!) version), its as if a part of it was removed

GE Master

Using Jabo 1.5 Video plugin.

Make sure the Hide Advance Settings (under Windows Res)is unticked.
if it isnt , untick it, then close the dialog box & reopen.

Open Configure Graphics Plugin.
Click on advance:

On Rendering: Tick the Force Depth Compare Box.

That will sort that out.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
scotty said:
Weird; I have the same problem, I dont use multiplayer stuff, but yes the Temple also does this for me. Rice's Plugin and Jabos both do this.

I also notice now that I have played this that the audio sounds different for the original cartridge (yes I am using the (!) version), its as if a part of it was removed

Schibo's audio plugin is still missing some effects... try Azi's HLE 0.55 beta, or use the PJ64 RSP for LLE audio. That should fix it.

OP
Kethinov

Kethinov

GE Master said:
Using Jabo 1.5 Video plugin.

Make sure the Hide Advance Settings (under Windows Res)is unticked.
if it isnt , untick it, then close the dialog box & reopen.

Open Configure Graphics Plugin.
Click on advance:

On Rendering: Tick the Force Depth Compare Box.

That will sort that out.

Thank you, "GE Master", that did indeed fix it!
Curious, how did you know that would work?

scotty

The Great One
The Khan Artist said:
Schibo's audio plugin is still missing some effects... try Azi's HLE 0.55 beta, or use the PJ64 RSP for LLE audio. That should fix it.

I do not see the .55 beta here on emutalk.net. I have been using the 55.1 alpha version for awhile. I see the source of the emulator on apollo's website, as well as its source code, but I dont know much about source codes.