What's new

Both Zelda Ocarina of Time and Master Quest similar problems

Dark

The Dark Hedgehog
I have played Ocarina of Time to the end on the Emulator and now I have confronted the same thing on Master Quest.

When I collect a new item, such as a dungeon map or deku stick, any item, the item is gray and not colored like it is in the game.

Now I know the rules said no to post any graphic problems, but, I have not found a hint to cure this, plus, I tried various combinations on the default plugin and the old and new ones, none seem to be working. Any solutions on this?

This happens on both of these OoT games.

Last edited:

-Shadow-

Banned
I've got a similar problem , in both of the OoT Games . The Boss of the Water temple , Morpho the Ameba , is Gray instead of Pink .

Clements

But using eVoodoo effectively enables you to use Glide64. You can find it in the download section, and I recommend you use eVoodoo 3.99 Beta which you extract into your Project64 folder.

I run Glide64 on my (non-Glide) GeForce card all the time as it is best with a number of games that Jabo's is bad at emulating properly.

As your ATi Rage is below spec. so you get errors. Notice how the text over the 'buttons' is also wrong. Errors like this can be fixed with Glide64 + eVoodoo.

Unfortunately, Glide64 + eVoodoo is far from flawless, but it is probably better for you than Jabo's plugin. I suspect that most other plugins like glN64() won't even work on an ATi Rage card at all.

OP
Dark

Dark

The Dark Hedgehog
Waaaaaaaaait, I can download evoodoo or something? Or is it a card I have to buy?

-Shadow-

Banned
lol its of course a downloadable file , just download the zip and put the 2 (or maybe 3) files into the folder of the application that needs a voodoo (it can be a game or just the emulator) and enjoy :D

OP
Dark

Dark

The Dark Hedgehog
Where do I put the zip file files? I can't see the evoodoo in my emulator video settings.

Clements

Extract the files within that zip (econtrol.cpl, Glide3x.dll) to your Project64/1964 folder (which has the emulator executable in)

...and select Glide64 0.5 from the settings. (You need the Glide64.dll, the actual plugin itself from the gfx plugin download section, in the plugins folder)

It's a little complicated but that's how it works.

Knuckles

Clements: stop saying to put glide3x.dll and evoodoo.cpl in the emu folder, they need to go in the /%windir%/system32/(2k/XP) folder!

OP
Dark

Dark

The Dark Hedgehog
Okay, this is confusing me. I put all the files from the voodoo zip thing in my system file folder "system32" and it said no xp, which I have xp.

And I get that plugin showing up, but, I don't get anything but a black screen.