What's new

Top Gear Overdrive freeze

Saniel

hello, im new to this so i'll keep it brief

I opened up the rom Top Gear Overdrive and it loaded up just fine running at 60FPS but then when it showed the addvertisement of the game creaters it has 2d snow effects which slowed the frame rate dramatically to as low as 6 FPS. i then press start and the screen freezes, though it says i am running at about 37 FPS and i can just hear the game music in the back ground. attached pictures are available. any idea on how i might over come this problem would be appreciated.

thanks in advanced, Saniel

jdsony

Nice Eclipse! Is that yours or is it a picture from game or something?

I've never played that game, played the other Topgear's and wanted to play that game when it came out but never did. Oh well, I'm sure it won't be too long now.

GTK_237

Top Gear Overdrive Freezes (still)

ok, i got all the things that trotterwatch said, but it still freezes or I can't see the game menus (i know what they are supposed to look like but EVERY time i hit the "A" button it takes me to credits)

in credits, the letters for the credits don't show up or only show for split seconds.

could you tell me what EXACTLY i need (plugin wise, or anything else) and what settings i need to change to get this to work correctly (i understand that it wont work completely correctly, i just want the game to work)

Truth be told, i really just want to listen to the music, i love the music from this game and the band broke up already... so there is nothing i can do to get their music except through this. I have previously owned the game (gave my console and everything to my little brother)

GTK_237

Top Gear Overdrive Freezes

I downloaded the apollo 0.10 that you said, but i'm not sure how to make it work... it was source, not sure what that is

GTK_237

Top Gear Overdrive doesn't work at all!

still nothing, tried apollo 0.03 binary, and tried a couple graphics and audio plugins... gets to the menu now

before it didn't work at all

GTK_237

I want the sound

I wanted to get the music from the game... i got it now though :) i'm using 1964 and it is running ok (i had to remember what the menus were to get to sound config)

thanks for all the help though

albfxp

I am having the same problema.
I just Cant find Emulator/Plug in to play top gear overdrive.
I have tried with apollo 0.03 and no sound plugin too: No sucess =/