What's new

Problem with Banjo-Tooie: crashing in C.C.land

EazyCheeze

That's Cloud Cuckooland, of course. Strange stuff, this hasn't happened before in my game, just the occasional freeze that I can work around by saving states every time I do something major, then when it freezes just end emulation, restart and load the state!

But my problem is this: (I do have a state prepared if anyone wants a look; just ask.) I have just started in Cloud Cuckooland, and I jump into this flower thingy that propels me to another island. Now I come to a dirty area with patches that I can Drill Bill for items (at least I could on the console :) ) When I step near this area, the emulator crashes with a problem (reported by the standard Windows Crash screen) in the video plugin (I am using DirectX6 1.5.1, the latest). If I go in the opposite direction, however, I can go over to Humba's place, turn into a bee and fly around. (I was able to once; I'm not sure if I can anymore.) Now, these eyeplants come up and shoot eyes at me (weird). I beat one with my great stinger attack! But when I come to the second (on a narrow red U-shaped path with a pool in the middle, the emulator crashes AGAIN with the same problem.

So, can anyone give me advice? Oh my specs are AMD K7 1.4GHz, 256MB RAM, NVIDIA Geforce4MX440, SBLive 5.1; um, that's it I guess. Again, state available upon request. Thanks!

gandalf

Member ready to help
Use another GFX plug-in,like GLN64 0.41 or Rice´s Daedalus 5.1.0

And check the rom with Good N64

Hyper190

Banned
Yep as said before use a different plugin also the sound plugin might mess it up to try all different types just in case???

ibds

Banned
I had the same problem when I played. You just need to choose the plugin in this level, I used Jabo's Direct3d 7 1.4. When you finish this level you can use the JD3d6 1.5 whithout problem.

Caligo64

Stupid Q...

I'll try the patches (if I can find them first to download), but will these fix ALL crashes in BT? It's doing the same for me in Hailfire Peaks (Lava Side) near Mumbo's hut.

EDIT: Well forget te above, none of the plugins I read here (this topic) and on mine work now...Even the GLN64 one makes the whole game White (but Banjo-Kazooie). I give up for now...If anyone has the plugins that work, tell me the sites you got 'em from or reach me on...

AIM: AnimaofD
MSN: [email protected] (SN on there is Nny)

If what I said about asking for the plugins, sorry. I didn't read anywhere that you couldn't ask for them... just ROMs weren't aloud.

Last edited:

-Shadow-

Banned
To solve the crash problem you must use at last a Direct X 7 OR opengl plugin .
The error is caused because the wobbly red thingies in Cloud cucooland are using a trasparency effect which cannot be drawn by direct X 6 . The plugin has to (and CAN ) bypass this effect , but it's just a question of time until it crashes...