What's new

Need help with Starcraft 64

RichOldBoy

Please Help me, I can't get P64 to emulate Starcraft 64. When i trie a black screen is shown and no fps are displayed. i tried the default plugins and rice, but nothing works. Has anyone ever successfully ran this game? If so what did u do?

scotty

The Great One
I dont think much time is spent on Starcraft 64, I would jsut buy a copy of the original PC version, then you can play people online. Then the bugs in the N64 version wouldnt be seen

Clements

I think Glide64 can run this game almost flawlessly. Try that out. (+eVoodoo if you don't have a Glide card).

dnrobs

i just loaded it up under pj64 1.5 with default plugins works fine(the screen goes black at first but give it a few seconds and it should be fine)

OP
R

RichOldBoy

I tried Glide but I can't get it to work even with the wrapper. I might not know how.
When I load it in pj64 1.5 with the default plugins the fps says -.-- and
stays at that.
I tried rice plugin with nemu and it worked but had terrible graphics black boxes around
the mouse and appearing where they weren't supposed to and blocking vision. If anyone can help here please do.

Zilla

夢を見られた
Just get the pc version for less than $5. It even runs on a P133! I have had it working in pj64, but it's really not worth it.

dnrobs

yep starcraft 64 is abysmal get the pc version as scotty and zilla says.
what are youre pcs specs btw rich?

scotty

The Great One
the PC version is much better anyways, and you will definately get full speed with it, and much better sound.

I have to admit I havent been on battle.net in over a year, I should as soon as exams are over in 2 weeks

OP
R

RichOldBoy

I'm not sure how to add my computers info to the bottom like u guys.
but my computer is 1400+ AMD 512MB RAM windows 98 SE onboard sound and video
can anyone tell me how to get glide working with pj64? do i keep the glide dll should i have 2...?

dnrobs

not sure problem may be youre video card
have you tried different emulators
for glide you need to download evoodoo and glide 0.50 from download section
extract glide 0.50 to plugin folder and evoodoo to the project 64.exe folder
make sure evoodoo is in proper folder or youll get a message like cant find 3x.dll