What's new

Majora's Mask crash on 2nd day...

naPPy

Well I searched on this one but couldn't come up with any relevant resources so I'll post it here. I'm currently using PJ64 1.5 w/SP1 and Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5.1, my system specs are down below.

Ok, when I start Majora's Mask, the game plays pretty good, a couple of graphical flaws, a bit washed out, a bit slow but eh, what do you expect from a gf2 anyway right? Well, everytime I get to the 2nd day, the minute it turns over and the church bells ring, the game goes black screen on me and crashes. It happens everytime, can anybody help me out here?

Oh... before I forget, I'm also experiencing some bad lagginess on the Start button menu, does somebody have a fix for that one also? Thank you very much :bouncy:

Trotterwatch

Does it crash properly? If not turn the frame limiter off and wait... see what happens.

The start button menu pause is fixed using a cheat... I'm off to bed now though, but a small search of the forum for subscreen delay, should find it for you.

Last edited:
OP
N

naPPy

Trotterwatch said:
Does it crash properly? If not turn the frame limiter off and wait... see what happens.

The start button menu pause is fixed using a cheat... I'm off to bed now though, but a small search of the forum for subscreen delay, should find it for you.

Well the church bells start ringing for 2 seconds, then the display goes black and the sound starts screwing up... getting laggy and choppy. I didn't wait through the whole ordeal, just ended emulation. Oh also, is there a way to save you game in MM? I can't seem to do it the old OoT way with B on the Start menu.... thanks :)

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Keep waiting. It takes about 30 seconds, if not more, to get through the day to the next. like Trotter said, turn off the frame limiter, and wait, because it shouldn't take all that long.

OP
N

naPPy

Modem said:
Keep waiting. It takes about 30 seconds, if not more, to get through the day to the next. like Trotter said, turn off the frame limiter, and wait, because it shouldn't take all that long.

Ok thanks, I'll do that next time. Oh btw, I noticed you have the same audio as me, hehe you must have a similar mobo as me.... asus p4s533-X... ok enough off topic lol