What's new

snes kaillera

lowki

first off id like to say that i really respect the work jabo has put into all of these programs. I didnt want to bother you with an personal messages so let me just ask whats the chance of u making a snes emulator kaillera compatable the world needs it!!!!!!! hhaha

Last edited:

scotty

The Great One
I would actually like to have Kalliera have SNES support. Zbattle.net is useless for me because ZSNES always corrupts my computer, I have taken everyones adivce on how to stop making my screen go black, but I still have the problem.

I just decided not to bother with it and keep using Snes9X

Clements

I've had no problems with ZSNES or zbattle.net on my 56K modem, and yes, the ZSNES implementation is superior to Kaillera since it doesn't lag and you can find like 20 people to play with since its dedicated to ZSNES and not hundreds of random arcade emus.

And Jabo is not interested in making emulators for random systems. He'll work what he wants to work on, that being JNes.

OP
lowki

lowki

Clements said:
I've had no problems with ZSNES or zbattle.net on my 56K modem, and yes, the ZSNES implementation is superior to Kaillera since it doesn't lag and you can find like 20 people to play with since its dedicated to ZSNES and not hundreds of random arcade emus.

And Jabo is not interested in making emulators for random systems. He'll work what he wants to work on, that being JNes.

well u dont have to be so rude. My exact words were whats the chances of u making a snes emulator with kaillera capabilaties. Yes zbattle is nice for those who can use it. For those less fortunate as my self having problems with the screen turning black or as my case i cant even connect to zbattle because of my firewall. Even though i made a user defined passthrough! correctly might i add...... Also i will say i have a fowl mouth and i like to tell someone if they suck in a sarcastic manner or tell someone to fuck off if there being an asshole and zbattle will boot ya for that. Kaillera is like the yahoo of game servers for me. I like the fact that u can play on many differant systems on the same servers that just shows how much more versatile and crafty the artist (programer) of it was.... and so far correct me if im wrong jabo has only distrubuted nintendo emulaters soo making a snes one would complete this task.

Clements

You could download the source of Snes9x and add Kaillera yourself- That's what Hotquik did with PJ64K, although Snes9x already has Netplay of sorts that supports 5 player on a LAN quite well. ZSNES will never have Kaillera ever due to the way it is coded, even adding something to the GUI is beyond most amateur coders.

Asking Jabo to making a new Snes emu just for Kaillera Netplay is silly. Do you know how long coding an emu takes? Snes9x is over 6 years old. It will be faster to do it yourself if you want it that badly.

OP
lowki

lowki

Clements said:
You could download the source of Snes9x and add Kaillera yourself- That's what Hotquik did with PJ64K, although Snes9x already has Netplay of sorts that supports 5 player on a LAN quite well. ZSNES will never have Kaillera ever due to the way it is coded, even adding something to the GUI is beyond most amateur coders.

Asking Jabo to making a new Snes emu just for Kaillera Netplay is silly. Do you know how long coding an emu takes? Snes9x is over 6 years old. It will be faster to do it yourself if you want it that badly.

i wish i had the know how but right now i dont know how if u got anything that could help me learn id gladly indulge

Clements

I personally do not have the know-how, but I do know that there are many users here that could help you out. I'd check out the 'Programming' forum and read a few posts from there to get you started.

Clements

-Make sure you are using ZSNES 1.36 and not the WIPs.

-Your internet set-up may have complicated stuff such as routers built-in or something similar that won't let you connect to zBattle. My dail-up has no such complications, so I wouldn't know about that.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
I don't want to get involved but it being my forum I feel the need to say that Zsnes and Snes9x are both fine pieces of software with message board forums where discussions like this would be better suited. I would research zsnes.com and snes9x.com and try getting in touch with those communities to see if someone is interested in supporting kaillera.

I wish you the best of luck in your quest.

scotty

The Great One
Jabo said:
I don't want to get involved but it being my forum I feel the need to say that Zsnes and Snes9x are both fine pieces of software with message board forums where discussions like this would be better suited. I would research zsnes.com and snes9x.com and try getting in touch with those communities to see if someone is interested in supporting kaillera.

I know that ZSNES will never try to use Kalliera as long as Zbattle.net is out there. SNES9X probably wont, I know Matthew Kendora does not want to try it, it would be best to try and get a source code for SNES9X or Snesese and have someone from outside of those communities develop it. SNES9X would probably be better for people like me, but the tricky part is dealing with the coding that Gary Henderson left behind when he did SNES9X. I have never seen this code, but I know from what I hear it is quite complex compared to ZSNES.

OP
lowki

lowki

Jabo said:

dont want to get involved huh..... haha are they gunna put a hit out on you if u out do them or something? please take no offence

Last edited: