What's new

Zelda MM Text and top blackout

housty

HI,
Forgive me if this problem has been discussed already. But I looked through all the threads containing the word zelda and could not find what I'm looking for.

Ok... My work gave me this ancient notebook since I am away from home and don't have my own notebook. Specs are:
PIII-500
128MB RAM
ESS Maestro Sound
ATI Rage Mobility (8MB)
Running
1964 w/ JaboD3D7 (1.4)
Azimers Audio v0.30 (old driver)
N-rage direct input

I have put project64.rdb in the main folder but to no effect :(
In Zelda MM (euro), the text box and upper area of the screen are black. Also the hearts are grey and link is white and the rupees don't show up when I collect them at the bottom of the screen. I really want to play this game but want to make it right so I understand the story taking place. I've taken a few screenshots but can't seem to attach them. I will try again tomorrow of if I could email them to someone that would be nice. Also there is a sound glitch but I think it just has to do with the slow computer. If there is any advice to speed up the computer please give it. Thanks all for your help.

jollyrancher

Yes, there's one way to see the text with a Rage Pro. You need to download the UltraHLE2064 and the XGL200 glide plugin. Copy the XGL200 files into the main 1964 or UltraHLE2064 directory (whatever emulator you want to use). Then you copy uhle_video.dll into the plugin directory of the emulator and the xengine folder into the main directory of the emulator. Next, run the configurator program that came with XGL200 to set up some video options. Finally, start the emulator and select the ultrahle video plugin. Then go to the video settings and select "glide plugin for ultrahle." Sorta complicated but it should work good.