What's new

This will be a kickass processor for N64 Emulation. :D

Kakarot

I saw an Athlon somewhere that had been overclocked to 4ghz. Of course it probably had some freaking liquid nitrogen cooling system or something (or burned out very quickly). Anyone else seen this?

RadeonUser

Maybe not... Look at the FPU... Interesting to see the Athlon wipes the floor with it. Note I said FPU, and not iSSE2. (They are both together, only a different color differentiates the performance on P4's)

RadeonUser

Well, Jabo's video plugins uses SSE (also MMX, some 3D Now)... It'd be interesting to know how the P4 performs in that area, and not SSE2.

OP
Zombie9920

Zombie9920

Kakarot said:
I saw an Athlon somewhere that had been overclocked to 4ghz. Of course it probably had some freaking liquid nitrogen cooling system or something (or burned out very quickly). Anyone else seen this?

There is no way anybody got an Athlon to run@4ghz. There aren't any Socket A mobos available that would allow such a high speed. AMD can't even get Athlons to run higher than 2ghz because they run so freaking hot.

pdogg

yes, though AMD announced their new line-up a few months ago, which includes a 4.4 Ghz AthlonXP for 1st quarter 2003