What's new

Anyone gotten Yoshi's Story to work?

bradios3

I can't seem to do it. Just go ahead and give me the plugin and all the configuration for whichever plugin you're using. Oh, and it isn't a system spec problem...my computer is plenty fast. Oh, and don't flame me on what a crappy game Yoshi's Story is....I'm well aware. Thanks in advance.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
What's wrong with it? If it's lots of missing and garbled graphics, you need to enable frame buffer emulation. If it won't run at all, you have a bad dump. Check the Screenshots Submission forum, I have at least one thread with Yoshi's Story screenshots in PJ64.

Archn

Ohh I think I know what you are referring to! Make sure you have the latest Project 64! 1.5 will work, but 1.3 will not work.. I had that problem before too.. On 1.3 it says bad CRC but gives that noise anyways before it crashes. Default Jabo settings will work perfectly. Let me know if that fixes it.

C

catewauler

mmmmmm....

catewauler online:

Well here goes nothin´...

* Glide64 v 0.5 with evodoo (last version) it works at 60 % of speed (don´t ask for more ´til the next release)
* Autodetect microcode, configure at 640 x 480 resolution, filtering mode: force bilinear, depth buffer mode: Z buffer, buffer swapping method: new, use custom settings (on or off, but on works a little better)... all others disabled.

I hope it works better.

spiritofcat

Jabo's D3D6 1.5 has issues with rotating sprites, it stretches them instead.
Unofficial DaedalusD3D8 0.08 Rel.2 is good, but gives white shadows, non-translucent Pause screen and can't handle the zoom out effect in the Jungle Hut
Rice's Daedalus 5.1.0 has major problems with not refreshing the background, thus leaving trails of anything that moves.

This is my experience, using PJ65 1.5, but I haven't checked my rom with GoodN64

gandalf

Member ready to help
The problems are not very important.
I finished that game,it´s very easy
With some graphics porblems,but i use Jabo´s 1,4 and in my video card runs nice!