What's new

Problem with Majora's Mask

hyrulian

Burning Pyro
I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

When it changes from day to night it turns black...

WHAT DO I DO!!!!!!

Also

I tried to start a new game but it stays black.

WHAT DO I DO!!!!!!

The Rom name is: Legend of Zelda 2: majoras Mask

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
The infamous black screen issue.

Two solutions:
Use Glide64 & eVoodoo (found at download section).
OR
Skip ahead of the time using the song of time.

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Wait. That's all you do. Just wait. It'll take... hmm... maybe 30 seconds, or you can enable frame skip, and before you know it, the next day will come. :p

ciyinyde01

Ive got a problem with the song of time not working at the end the little deku link just stands there no movement and the song plays then nothing.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
In responce to first post:
another solution, turn self rendering textures off and you will never get slowdown at that point.

(Bah didn't noticed how old some of these posts were! oh well least it wasn't me who revived this thread.)

In responce to post just before this one.
Probably is a bad rom.

Last edited:

ciyinyde01

No the rom is fine, i just reconfigured my gamepad dont have no idea why it did not work. but it does now. not if i could figure out how to fix the problem with the black out at the end of the first day.

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
The only things you can do with the end of the day thing is to either

1: TURN OFF FRAME LIMITER, as which was pointed out above, or

2: Get the song of time working and start using it, heh heh.

3: Be in dugneons (or maybe it works with being in caves, too, need to fire up that n64) so it won't have the shrinking screen affect. Of course... I don't believe the emulator has the shrinking screen affect, so it may be a bit tough to find that type of area that it won't do that in, hehe.

N64gamer2003

I added the Glide Video Plugin to my Project64's Plugin folder, however when I access the settings menu it comes up saying 'Failed to Load Plugin' and than has the link, linking to Glide.

Can anyone help?