What's new

programing plugins

garygar21

im not a programmer but my brother is hes a pro at it he has been doing it for about 7 years now. and he wants to try to make plugins for n64 emulations. but we need to know what tools we need. like i hear zilmars specs and stuff like that i cant find stuff anywere on the web for developing plugins someone lead us in the right direction please

Cyberman

garygar21 said:
im not a programmer but my brother is hes a pro at it he has been doing it for about 7 years now. and he wants to try to make plugins for n64 emulations. but we need to know what tools we need. like i hear zilmars specs and stuff like that i cant find stuff anywere on the web for developing plugins someone lead us in the right direction please
Download Project64 and use the documentation provided, that's all you need to do.

You can use Borland C++ Builder however this tends to make bloated DLL's.
Thus VC++ is the only route left to your own devices.

Cyb

OP
garygar21

garygar21

ok im not an avid programmer or an intermediate programmer i have no idea what all this stuff means im looking at the grfx specs 1.3 withc i asume is the latest one...is all that stuff that i comile with the plugin when it is writen i mean i have no idea how to go about starting the process of writing it.

Cyberman

garygar21 said:
ok im not an avid programmer or an intermediate programmer i have no idea what all this stuff means im looking at the grfx specs 1.3 withc i asume is the latest one...is all that stuff that i comile with the plugin when it is writen i mean i have no idea how to go about starting the process of writing it.

Well VC++ is Visual C++ if you are running anything < win NT then you will need VC 6.0 as VC7.0 won't run it (darn it). The specs are the DLL (Dynamic Link Library) interface. To be honest the whole thing is quite technical. You should have specs for the controller plugin, try reading through that first. I've been off and on working on a shadow plugin for that to allow networked interaction.

Anyhow you need to learn a few concepts of programing to make heads or tails of them to be honest.

Cyb

Cyberman

Doomulation said:
This has been posted elsewhere, hasn't it?
Hint: http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=16589

graygar21

Cross posting is QUITE anoying DON'T do it again. Mods do not read every forum or I would have removed this thread after you posted it and sent you a warning.

Post a question in one forum only from now on. If you get no response consider you posted it in the wrong forum wait a day then post it in another more appropriate forum. The mod(s) for the forum could move it to the proper forum as well.

Since this is a programing question this is the appropriate forum (so I won't close it) but I do not mod the 1964 forum so I can't move the thread to this forum.

Cyb

Last edited:

SculleatR

Ninphin Author
Ok now Cyberman's gone off-topic. ;)

I would NOT really recommend, starting an plugin for N64 emulators
now, since its almost "complete" and till you/your brothers learns
the needed stuff about N64 etc... I recommend starting with a PS2
or GC plugin, since they won't be emulated where the N64 is for a long
time. :) Thats IMO.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Rofl
now that wouldn't be a little extreme, would it? They're ESPECIALLY hard since there's almost no info 'bout them. Well, nowhere as much as for n64 at least.

SculleatR

Ninphin Author
Doomulation said:
Rofl
now that wouldn't be a little extreme, would it? They're ESPECIALLY hard since there's almost no info 'bout them. Well, nowhere as much as for n64 at least.

Lol no its not extreme who says you must start with an GP plugin?
A PAD plugin would be nice to get started. :)

Cyberman

SculleatR said:
I got enough info... ;)
I don't have all links atm but here is an attachment:
(docs by or9, titanik, azimer)

Well one thing is SculleatR that you should consider.

Deal with what is known first gain experience then deal with the unknown. Less frustrating and likely to give you more insite when you challenge yourself with something more difficult, otherwise you become a lightknight or wishful thinking person.

Cyb