What's new

Black boxes and black hair

Trel

In zelda OoT the treasure chests open and a black box comes out instead of light and the great fairies in MM have black hair.

I'm using whatever the default plugins and settings are.

gandalf

Member ready to help
Your video card is the problem.But,please,put your system spec. (Microprosesor,Video Card,Memory,Audio an Operative System)

Clements

You need a GeForce 3 or above (not 4 MX) to get the yellow treasure chest light with Jabo's D3D6 1.5+. Use a different video plugin or an earlier version of Jabo's to see yellow light (hard to recommend one without knowing which gfx card you have though!) If you have a GeForce 2/4 MX or earlier, I strongly recommend glN64().

Goron

Lord Darunia
Well, if you look at my specs, it's not Geforce 3 and I don't get the black box around the sprites :\

Check some different plugins, especially OpenGL plugins.

WhiteX

Goron, in a earlier thread i said that i had this same videocard (GeF2mx400) and for me too, it worked fine, i guess the problem is on NV17 (GeF2GTS and GeF4mx440) not on NV11 (Your card).

OP
T

Trel

All I know is I have

Windows XP
NVIDIA GeForce2 MX

which display adapter should I use?

ibds

Banned
I have the same problem.
My videocard is Geforce4 420 go with directx9b

Is there anyway to fix this problem?
Couldn't it be a Direcx problem?

revl8er

That Damn Good
You might also want to try using glide64 and evoodoo. You can get them from the downloads section i believe.

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
I had a similiar problem with the old family computer that I used, it had a crappy ATI card in it. Now with my PC and my Radeon 9500, I havne't had any black stuff problems, other things on the other hand, yes...