What's new

mupen64/glN64-0.4.1 movie

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Very nice. This should make a few peeps happy who have wanted something like this. Be nice to see the Linux folks get something first over the Windows peeps for once too.

txOjO

MDKEiToR
Surprise! Surprise!.......?

What? Where? When? ...
Surprised at read this notice blight, what are the compression method use this plugin? i see in the two videos more than a minute of sequences at good framerate. I compressed more than 2000 videos in(my favourite)xvid,divx, mpg, wmv, asf, real etc....and when try more processes or the principal process (rip Vob to some format) the CPU cause low performance and the video is poor sometimes, but when i see this videos (emulating behind) and the framerate of this, with your computer...i'm very surprised and very ansious for try this plugin.
Very good work :)
BTW - 1st question: is this plugin public some day?
2nd question: are you ready to release the source code?
Thank's a lot ;-)

OP
blight

blight

i am trying to add audio and make the gln64 source work with optimizations... the movie isn't rendered in real time - it works like this:
you can "start record" - a savestate is created and a .rec file which saves data from the input plugin
then you can "start playback" or "start capture" - when doing playback the savestate is loaded and the data from the .rec file is sent to the program running in the emu instead of the data from the plugin... when you do a capture, playback is started and when the video plugin recieves a message to update the screen, it is copied into memory and sent to libavifile/the codec - with the cinepak codec @ 320x240 i get like 2 FPS when capturing, with the xvid and default options i get like 15 or 20, but since you first record input that doesn't relly matter ;)

pandamoan

Banned
blight said:
i am trying to add audio and make the gln64 source work with optimizations... the movie isn't rendered in real time - it works like this:
you can "start record" - a savestate is created and a .rec file which saves data from the input plugin
then you can "start playback" or "start capture" - when doing playback the savestate is loaded and the data from the .rec file is sent to the program running in the emu instead of the data from the plugin... when you do a capture, playback is started and when the video plugin recieves a message to update the screen, it is copied into memory and sent to libavifile/the codec - with the cinepak codec @ 320x240 i get like 2 FPS when capturing, with the xvid and default options i get like 15 or 20, but since you first record input that doesn't relly matter ;)

2 words:

BAD ASS! i've been waiting for avi record in an n64 emu, for a while!!

sweet!

jamie

OP
blight

blight

no i'm not going to port it to windows but maybe the source is kinda portable