What's new

Screen goes black after a few seconds!

ShadowTH

It's cold here...
Well, sorry for posting this, but I´ve read all the FAQs, troubleshootings and etc and coudn´t find the answer, so that´s why I´m posting here!

Its just very weird, after playing for like, 20-30 seconds, the emulator shows just a black screen and the sound goes on normally! It happens with 1.5... All games! :(

Any idea or suicide is my only option?

WhiteX

does it started all of a sudden
or always happened this way?
have you tried to check the CPU temperature after the problem happens?

OP
ShadowTH

ShadowTH

It's cold here...
It seems to be some graphic drivers problem... DX, Detonators and etc... But I guess the major problem is Windows XP...

Gotta format everything and put Win 2k so things can work fine again...

And I gotta be carefull with temperature too... Now summer is rising here and I don't know if my overclocks will hang still...

Anyway, thanks for all replies!

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Erm ya know, many ppl here has xp, with nvidia or ati cards, so it isn't quite what you say...it seems only related to you. It isn't possibly xp's fault here, something else...but what, I have no idea.
Format seems like a last restort to get rid of this, though. :|

OP
ShadowTH

ShadowTH

It's cold here...
Dammit!!!!
Formatted it, installed Win 2k SP3, all nvidia and VIA AGP drivers and the problem is still happening!
I also downloaded pj 1.5 again and did a clean install!!!

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
When the screen goes black, does your entire screen go black and are forced to push the reset button?

Maybe your processor overclocking is causing the video card to not get enough voltage. You also may be required to get a higher watt power supply for your video card. If you have a Radeon, this may be the cause, combined with a limited power supply. All Radeons seem to hog the +12V rail.

I remembered, but not occuring with my newest motherboard, when after I plugged in a Radeon 7000 video card, with two hard disk drives attached, everytime I attempted to access the CD drive, the screen went black and I'm forced to push the reset button :(.

Then I decided to enter the BIOS setup utility to check the voltages with the Radeon 7000 video card installed and found out in shock that the +12V rail under no load only at 11.4V, thus probably even worse when under load at probably only 10V!!!

When I unplugged my second hard disk drive or put my GeForce 2 MX200 video card back in, voila, my PC didn't crash when accessing the CD drive.

Does the PC lock up with a black screen when loading *any* 3D game, including PC-ported games? If it does, you are required to stop overclocking, change Vcore or back down the processor frequency by -50 mhz.

Last edited:

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
Hey, I've had to reboot my comp a few times because of that RJARRRPCGP. What do I increase so it doesn't do that?

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
GogoTheMimic said:
Hey, I've had to reboot my comp a few times because of that RJARRRPCGP. What do I increase so it doesn't do that?

Increase the Vcore value, then if the PC still crashes, lower the Vcore back to the default value and lower the processor frequency.

Probably your processor overclock is unstable.

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
I've had this 2.66 overclocked to 2.9 for the past two weeks and it's been fine. I've only had that problem happen twice I think. And that was when I woke up in the morning. I'll up the voltage on the core one notch. 1.5375 volts now.

OP
ShadowTH

ShadowTH

It's cold here...
45.23... I´ll try those... But the problem seems only with PJ 4, not with the other 3d applications...

I´ve also tried to take out the overclock... The voltage is also not the problem... Neither temperature... See, it is a TB 1.2 running at 1.3 and a V7100 32 Megas running at 220 GPU and 200 Mem... But even with no overclocking the problem persists!
And it is just the emulator screen that goes black... The emulator still keeps running (the sound emulation continues, but the sound is choppy tough)....

Any other ideas? I just can´t think in anything else...