What's new

Error: SP DMA WRITE, SP_DRAM_ADDR_REG not in RDRAM space

shoka

When I play Snowboard kids 2 I get this error : SP DMA WRITE SP_DRAM_ADDR_REG not in RDRAM space and then the game just crashed and went back to desktop. How can I fix this problem?

OP
S

shoka

WhiteX said:
i got this problem once, helped me to unzip the rom, try it dude!
do you mean try to unzip the rom again? I tried it, but it still didnt work.
Im using P4 2.4GHz, 256MB RAM, GeForce2 Ti on Windows XP. Have DirectX 9. Project64 v1.5 with Service Pack.
Project64 does not give any information about the rom (is it working or does it have error etc.) I have downloaded Goodn64 with GoodWindows but seems I dont know how to use it...but I dont think its the ROM..I tried to use a different emulator it doesnt crash but there are graphic problems with that emulator so I prefer to fix PJ64 :bouncy:

Last edited:
OP
S

shoka

ok I have used GoodWindows and Goodn64.
I clicked ScanNew then Generate and see the following name : Snowboard Kids 2 (U) [!] which is my ROM's name. There are several other Snowboard Kids 2 file names which I dont have as well.
I also clicked on "List" and I got same file names. So how do I know if the ROM is good or not?

By the way, Project64 Rom list shows that the game is capatible without any notes (core & default plugins)

OP
S

shoka

the [!] is in the file name..so i guess everyone can change it?
ok so..if the rom is fine, what else can cause the problem?

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
shoka said:
the [!] is in the file name..so i guess everyone can change it?
ok so..if the rom is fine, what else can cause the problem?

If you are having crashing problems with other games, you may have
a RAM problem or motherboard problem.

Probably, you have a bad Snowboard Kids 2 ROM.

gandalf

Member ready to help
The ROM is good (!).

Try to change ,in the RSP plug-in,the recompiler mode to interpreter before the error began (or begin??).
Interpreter it´s better compatible,and less errors than recompiler.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
gandalf said:
Interpreter it´s better compatible,and less errors than recompiler.
Not true at all. The recompiler performs just as well as the interpreter and only in a very few ciruimstances does the interpreter solve the problem. Sometimes, the interpreter isn't even compitable.

OP
S

shoka

Changing the CPu core to interpreter didnt solve my problem. However I have discovered something, which is I dont crash anymore if I use no sound plugins instead of Jabo's 1.5 Direct sound, or if I set "Send Audio list to Audio Plugin" on RGB Configuration if I choose Jabo's sound plugin.But which ever one I choose I cant play with sound. So I wonder if it doesnt support DirectX 9 or some other things can cause the problem..
Notice that I got the [!] name on my rom, and this is not the only game that got the problem. But snowboard kids 2 gets the problem at the very beginning

Last edited:
OP
S

shoka

I just changed the sound plugin, and it works very well. So anyone getting this error can try to change your sound plug in to something else.
Thanks to you people for your input though.