What's new

THPS Runs at Half-Speed

Toadie_2004

THPS used to run at full speed (60 fps) and now for some reason it runs at half-speed (around 30 fps) The music and sound all seem to be at the regular speed, just the game runs slow. The same problem arises if I use Nemu. Is this a common problem, and can it be fixed?

OP
T

Toadie_2004

Specs:
WindowsXP Home Editon
128 megabites of RAM
Pentium 4 - 1.3 Ghz
Nvida Geforce2 MX (w/Latest DetonaterXP Drivers)

Not sure what else you may need to know, but anything else just ask...

Emuman

I think I can help

hi there I have a Geforce 2 mx also, I reackon if you get the 21.83 drivers for your card you should get better performance. Hope that helps :)

adi

get out of my house
I know the solution, you have basically the same specs as me. Make sure you don't have sort-antialiasing selected, nvidia geforce2mx cards are very poor in that department. I was getting 60fps in all games until I selected that.

OP
T

Toadie_2004

Thanks alot, turning off those two things brought the framerate right back up to 60 where it belonged. Also I checked on this and for those of you who also have a GeForceMX and really want the anti-aliasing, in the Advanced Moniter settings under the Windows Dispay Options, under the GeForce2 MX/MX 400 tab, then under the 'Additional Properties' button, you can set the card to override applications and have 2x, 4x, or no anti-aliasing. Setting it to 4x does not make the framerate drop at all, atleast not on my PC.

Thanks!

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
setting antialiasing on shouldnt cause your framerate to suffer at all if your using a geforceMX, at leased not with PJ64.

OP
T

Toadie_2004

Setting the Anti-Aliasing in the actual card settings does not slow down PJ64, but setting the sort-antialiasing in PJ64 slows it down.

Hope that helps anyone else who was confuzed :colgate:

TheLostMarioBro

theacj said:
I know the solution, you have basically the same specs as me. Make sure you don't have sort-antialiasing selected, nvidia geforce2mx cards are very poor in that department. I was getting 60fps in all games until I selected that.

We could be twins (technological not biological :D) according to sys specs.