What's new

Slowdown in Zelda Majora's Mask

ElDuderino

Just started using PJ64 today and i really like it. It does a way better job with Zelda than Nemu64. The only problems I have are major slowdown between areas and when i press the start button. Had a popping noise in the sound but i fixed that...cant remember how but that doesnt matter now since its fixed. Anyone know how i can fix this annoying lagginess...oh yea in the menu of the game it also is really sluggish when i change "menus" pressing "r" or "z".

Any help would be appreciated

ps I tried to find out how to fix this in the forum with no luck but the forum helped me fix the popping noises...so props to ya all

peace :homestar:

OH yeah...another thing just happened during the memory scene of princess zelda..right after you get the ocarina or time back the whole scene is white except the dialogue box

Last edited:

Steveman610

While playing the game, Go to System > Cheats and activate the Subscreen Delay Fix Cheat to get rid of the "annoying lagginess".

OP
E

ElDuderino

Steveman610 said:
hmm wait, im not sure... does majora's mask have the subscreen cheat? i dont seem to remember...

nope, dont think so...anyone else got any better ideas? its bout to drive me batty

OP
E

ElDuderino

the lagginess has to be worst when using the goron mask and rolling in dirt or snow cuz it kicks up a dust cloud and makes my frames per second drop to about 15 avg fps is 50... anyone else have this problem need help please

Dogman5

----------
ElDuderino said:
the lagginess has to be worst when using the goron mask and rolling in dirt or snow cuz it kicks up a dust cloud and makes my frames per second drop to about 15 avg fps is 50... anyone else have this problem need help please

Thats just something unaviodable with a GeForce 2. I know! I have one!

Luckily I am upgrading to a 9600 PRO, so roms will run alot smoother.

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
I'd suggest using Glide64/eVoodoo with your video card. It'll run at full speed (most likely,) and it runs MM flawlessly, albeit without framebuffer effects (although they were possibly added in 5.0)

Trotterwatch

It's a known problem due to a certain effect not being emulated - just disable the speed limiter for that section or play the song to fast forward time (I think?).

If you have a Glide capable card (eg a Voodoo) use the latest Glide64 to see this effect.