What's new

Yoshi and Kirby Gfx settings?

spiritofcat

Hi. I'm trying to play Yoshi's Story and Kirby, but there are some graphics problems.
I'm using PJ64 1.5 and Jabo's plugin that comes with it, and also Rice's Unofficial Daedalus D3D8 0.08 rel 2.
Both games are playable with both plugins, but not without glitches.

In Yoshi, with Jabo's anything that should rotate instead stretches but everything else is perfect. (fig 1)

Using the Daedalus the rotation is correct, but shadows are white, and the pause menu isn't translucent like it should be. Also there are some black lines at the seams of textures. (fig 2 )

Kirby with Jabo is not too bad, but it seems that the sprites are aligned on the wrong axis, the circular bodies of some creatures face accross the screen instead of facing at the screen. (fig 2) This is also a problem I've encountered with some pickups in smash brothers.
And the hud at the bottom of the screen only seems to update when I move from one scene to the next.

Using Daedalus Kirby is just a whole lot worse. (fig 4)

So does anyone know how I might run these two games better?
My system stats are in the boxes I believe...
And I've got the latest Detonator Drivers too, I tried getting them before asking, but they didn't help at all.

Steveman610

For one thing, the kirby health bar is a known issue. But i dont know about the yoshi story thing, I've never played it. I'sd say the best plugin to use is jabo's. I can run kirby perfectly except the health bar thing.