What's new

Game lagging

Cyberex16

Ive got a sony vaio p4 2gig laptop with a radeon 32meg mobility card and im tryin to run mario 64 and a bunch of other games on it. The games work for maybe 2 min than starts lagging like crazy even if any other process on my computer is closed. but somehow if I do something else on the computer for a few minutes and come back to the game that is paused its starts working proprely for another 2mins it does that all the time! anybody have a hint to give me? I've tried absolutely anything! thx

jollyrancher

Most laptops these days have bios settings that can slow down the processor to save battery power. Go into the bios and see how these are set. If that's not it it's also possible that the laptop's overheating and the thermal management feature is kicking in to slow down the computer and cool it down.

OP
C

Cyberex16

jollyrancher said:
Most laptops these days have bios settings that can slow down the processor to save battery power. Go into the bios and see how these are set. If that's not it it's also possible that the laptop's overheating and the thermal management feature is kicking in to slow down the computer and cool it down.

thx I tried hooking a fan up to the computer and it stoped laggin...guess its the only thing that will work!