What's new

is it emulated yet

shark1686

say, how far along is dc emulation? im brand stinkin new to dc emulation and was just wondering if either of the sonic games are emulated yet

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Has the author ever stated why a release has not happened?

and forgive this next insight/questions since I don't know all the surrounding story of this emulator.

Why does it seem most emulators that are unreleased get bashed left and right that they are "fake" and the author should "prove it" if it's real? Yet with this emulator I don't think that's ever happened. Is this author known in the community to a point that the pics and movies provided are simply assumed real without question? And I am not questioning the validity of this emulator or the authors integrity. I'm just curious and personally couldn't pic a fake over real without using it myself to see if in fact it does or does not work.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
He has been bashed, repeatedly on the Icarus forums, myself, i dunno whether or not to believe if icarus is real, im optomistic though, but at the same time, is there really so little interest in the DC that only one team has devved an EMU for it? or is it because the DC is so cheap they dont feel a need for an emulator, what basically bugs me is that theres never been a release, f things are running at al, there should at least be alphas so more then the team can verify it really works. who knows, it could all be a very elaborate hoax, because all they ever say is no release is on the horizon, i got so tired of waiting i bought a dreamcast, but whatever, think what you want, im undecided

jessman1988

Banned
You know, I think that either the emulator has just been a HUGE fraud, or the Author got so mad about people bashing him that he may never release it.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Consider this:

It's already a questionable thing, to emulate older consoles.

At least with PS1 and Saturn (and probably also 3DO, Jaguar, and PCE-CD) emulators, as well as future Xbox and PS2 ones, you can potentially put an original disc in your PC and run it.

PC's can't run GD-ROMs (unless you have one of a specific, discontinued line of Yamaha CD-ROM drives)... therefore, piracy would be required to use Icarus.

blizz

Tagrineth said:
Consider this:

It's already a questionable thing, to emulate older consoles.

At least with PS1 and Saturn (and probably also 3DO, Jaguar, and PCE-CD) emulators, as well as future Xbox and PS2 ones, you can potentially put an original disc in your PC and run it.

PC's can't run GD-ROMs (unless you have one of a specific, discontinued line of Yamaha CD-ROM drives)... therefore, piracy would be required to use Icarus.

not really, why do we have SNES/ Genesis/GBA emulators when you need to download ROMs off the net, the piracy issue is really only valid whilst the console is a going economic concern.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
blizz said:
not really, why do we have SNES/ Genesis/GBA emulators when you need to download ROMs off the net, the piracy issue is really only valid whilst the console is a going economic concern.

I agree, anyone who tells you they only use emulators to play their own legal backups is either rich or lying out of their ass, the piracy isn't a factor here, the new emulator ChooDo that just popped up though may be real, may not be real, but I'm watching it either way, what it comes down to is, for 30 bucks, you can buy yourself a great system (Dreamcast for those who are slow on the uptake) with a lot of good games, and believe it or not, games ARE still being released in japan, the most recent being King of Fighters 2002, Puyo Panic is slated to be released as well, it just isnt a huge market any more.