What's new

Zelda:MM 'Pink' Screen

Manic Man

Okay, i have been using PJ64 for a while now. i have alot of problems with some roms (Zelda:OoT is basely unplayable due to that fact that most of the polygons don't seam to load) but am not taking about them, i have the skills to still play.. BUT on Majora's Mask i have a really big problem and i can't seam to fix it.

I have just played the song of storms at Sharpe's Cave (i can't remember the name but its clear where am talking about) then for the little cutscene the whole screen goes pinkish. Then when the cut is over, everything is fine, BUT, it freeze when i call up the menu AND when i go anyway the whole screen goes pinkish.

I am really stuck on what i can do to fix this.

OP
M

Manic Man

Okay... Computer specs...

CPU: Celeron 2.00GHz
Video: SIS 651
Sound: Realtek AC'97
Memory: 96.0MB

Sorry if i got some of the wrong things from the list but am a programmer not Hardware...

If you can't guess, its a laptop since my computer is family and not as powerful as it need to be really.

jollyrancher

The SIS graphics card is the problem. Try 2 things: (1) Make sure you have the most current SIS drivers, (2) Try the Glide64 video plugin.

OP
M

Manic Man

jollyrancher said:
The SIS graphics card is the problem. Try 2 things: (1) Make sure you have the most current SIS drivers, (2) Try the Glide64 video plugin.

i could not get it to work. i do have the most current Drivers (last i checked which was not long ago).

I did something really dumb and reinstalled PJ64 and the Serivce pack and no OoT goes to load and tells me 'bad word' and it freezes at points, Evangelion does not even play (says it does but just a black screen with no sound), and MM kepts tell me 'Unhandled r4300i OpCode at: 801F9DIC Unknown 00 00 00 01 Stoping emulation !' when it loads (did not at first) and when i load a state to get into the game it sometimes comes up 'Executing from non-Mapped Space, Verify ROM and ROM settings'

I know my roms annit bad (well, the OoT and NGE are 100% not bad and i got it with 80% sure that MM annit bad) Even Mario 64 has problems starting now......

I can't understand it at all.... And i though PJ64 was a good upgrade from Ultahle (would not run MM or NGE and the sound was always ify).

OP
M

Manic Man

Okay, i done a lot of messing about and fixed the problems i had with my other roms but they all run kinda jerky now and i still have the problem with MM. i was thinking about redownloading the rom for another site but i can't find it. And i don't know anyone that can help me out.

And, i know you lot can't help with that bit because of the rules, BUT I WANNA PLAY THE WHOLE GAME!!!.

ManInBlack

Manic Man said:
Okay... Computer specs...

CPU: Celeron 2.00GHz
Video: SIS 651
Sound: Realtek AC'97
Memory: 96.0MB

Sorry if i got some of the wrong things from the list but am a programmer not Hardware...

If you can't guess, its a laptop since my computer is family and not as powerful as it need to be really.

You already know what's the answer: a better graphic card. You musn't buy some extra powerfull one, just buy a Gf2MX or Gf4MX - it's the cheapest, and all your problems will be gone. Hmm, you're having a laptop... I hope there's a place for a Geforce ;)

Regards, MiB.

OP
M

Manic Man

ManInBlack said:
You already know what's the answer: a better graphic card. You musn't buy some extra powerfull one, just buy a Gf2MX or Gf4MX - it's the cheapest, and all your problems will be gone. Hmm, you're having a laptop... I hope there's a place for a Geforce ;)

Regards, MiB.

-_-, most of the problems am getting where not there a while ago, i think maybe my MM rom might be bad (i am looking for a better one, but not asking here) but am also having a lot of problems with roms that worked a few days ago. The bloody thing is now telling me that my NGE rom is bad and create a loop when it should be playing.

Is it okay for me to ask does anyone know a good emulater?
Because that is the only thing left for me to do because the bloody thing is moaning for no reason...

Clements

1. SiS is indeed bad for N64 emulation, so Glide64 + eVoodoo could be better than Jabo's in this situation.

2. Scan the rom with GoodN64 from the download section to verify it a good rom. ([!] should appear after the rom after renaming etc.)

3. PJ64 would be a good choice considering you have a fast enough processor. Just make sure you download it from the official site with the service pack as there are many beta versions that are still floating about that cause unhandled opcode errors.

OP
M

Manic Man

1) is worked fine for me before and if it is, Glide64 don't seam to work, atlest not with the copy of eVoodoo i had i would like to get a newer version BUT i can't find it (am hopless with search eniges)

2) They are good but am still not sure on the MM one, my NGE is Good nothing wrong with it!

3) i got it from there, and the service pack ALL FROM the main bloody site.