What's new

matrox g100 direct3d problem

DuskoDugousko

if some1 of you is ready to help, first take a look @ my specs below. i know that my pc is not good enough to run n64 games very well, but anyway... ( i must finish all possible zelda games!!! )

so, i've tried nemu64, project64, 1964, corn, pj64 and 1964 with daedalusd3d8.dll, glN64_v0.4.1.dll, 1964ogl.dll, Jabo_Direct3D6.dll, mostly with no sound plugin, because of bad pc specs. my goal is to play Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.2) [!] (which is checked with GoodN64).

as you can see, the text above is not related to topic in any way :king:
i think that the source of all problems are: 1. pc configuration, 2. matrox g100 which, as it seems, doesnt support direct3d in dx versions greater than 8.0. after running direct3d tests using dxdiag, i've found out that direct3d 7 works fine, but d3d 8 and greater are not working at all. dxdiag says that reason for this are old video card drivers. (i got "newest" g100 drivers from matrox, dated 2-21-2000).

maybe i am missing the point, but the reason why i am forcing direct3d instead of using corn is that zelda always hangs sooner or later, but always during intros (and never at the same place). by the way, gfx is a little messed up, but i can understand that. so i have tried 1964 with daedalusd3d8.dll, but it gives no output image! audio was turned off all the time, but i was watching at fps-meter, it says about 25-30 fps. opengl plugins are working, and resulting in 5-10 fps max. jabo d3d works, fps is 5-10 again.

lets get back on directx. i have tried directx 8.1a and 9.0, both resulting in direct3d test failure. after i have removed dx using directx buster, and installed dx 7, tests have passed fine (like as before), but then pj64 and 1964 wasn't able to run due several plugin errors.

the question is, as usual - how can i play my favorite game on this pc?

tnx in advance :)

p.s. sorry for my bad english...

Allnatural

That computer is grossly below-spec. Maybe 1964 with Glide64 + eVoodoo will provide passable results, or perhaps UltraHLE 2064. Frankly I think you're out of luck until you get a better PC.

R

rico001

I have this card=dx5?

I have this card. You can play corn 0.29 ok with a glide wrapper such as xgl200. You will get some errors. You might want to try UltraHLE alpha.

It's not a driver problem but a video hardware problem. I think it only supports DX5/6 in directdraw but DX7a can be installed. You might want to get a nvidia verto pci or similiar card 4 50 bucks like I did. If you have a fast enough processor you could run nemu 0.7a in software mode at a low resolution for thrills. The modes other than Direct3D HAL on video plugins such as rgb mode should work but slowly.

Last edited:

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
You don't need a glide wrapper with Corn, it uses DirectX. Also, if he happens to be using Windows 9x/Me (quite likely) Corn 0.3- will probably work too.

OP
D

DuskoDugousko

i havent tried corn 0.29 + dx versions older than 7a - but will have to take a look. also, ultrahle doesnt work - it doesnt display any errors, just sits down in process list (and does nothing?). i have tried several wrappers, and always same.

btw, rgb emulation works soooooo damn slooooow... and there are still some gfx problems, like wrong sprite colors, or even missing layers and sprites...

so, it might be the best idea to forget about n64 emulation until i get a new pc.

tnx a lot, peps!!

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
UltraHLE has a bug where it won't work if you put it in a path with a space in the name. The path the ROMs are in is also affected by this bug.