What's new

Project64 gets stuck!!!

Tax

when I try to play Banjo kazooie or conker's bad fur day,my computer gets stuck.I have 1800mghz so that shouldn't be a problem.
I think my video card is the problem:S3 Graphics inc. pro savage
It has 8mb I believe.
What should I do???????

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Tax said:
when I try to play Banjo kazooie or conker's bad fur day,my computer gets stuck.I have 1800mghz so that shouldn't be a problem.
I think my video card is the problem:S3 Graphics inc. pro savage
It has 8mb I believe.
What should I do???????

First, and this is just FYI, but your system is not 1800Mhz. The 1800+ represents a model number used by AMD. That chip is actually running at about 1.53Ghz (1530Mhz).

Your card could very well be the issue. I'm not sure how well or if at all Glide64 (video plugin) runs Conker, but that could solve it for you. Personally though, if you could afford grabbing a $50 video card I would run out and get something in a Nvida Geforce 4 MX card of some type. You will not be sorry.

OP
T

Tax

ah,ok thanks,I will try.
hmm could it be that my card works better on windows XP?because I have windows 98

OP
T

Tax

Just to know:
-the only rom that doesn't get stuck is bomerman hero
-conker's tail and head get totally white when play it!Then it gets stuck.

Clements

Pro Savage cards are known to crash randomly with Jabo's plugin (from manual) so OS would make no difference here. Conkers Bad Fur Day isn't supported well at all in Glide, so you may have to try Rice's and hope it doesn't crash. (You will get glitches if it runs)

I'd recommend a Video card upgrade like LazerTag said, as the rest of your system is well above the recommended requirements.

OP
T

Tax

doesn't work,it's even slower.
the problem is that my graphics card is attached to my CPU :(
this is bad

Allnatural

Tax said:
doesn't work,it's even slower.
the problem is that my graphics card is attached to my CPU :(
this is bad
It's not attached to your CPU. It's integrated into your motherboard and can be disabled. You can install a new graphics card.

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Yes just determine wether or not your system has an AGP or PCI slot for video. GEt a new video card to match the slot type. Most of the time on newer boards you don't have to do a thing but install the new card. (sometimes a jumper or BIOS setting needs to be taken care of)