What's new

Banjo-Tooie - Crashfest '03

rabidapricot

Whenever I try to do the following, PJ64 crashes.

*Go up the hill toward Jolly Roger's Lagoon
*Go into the back room of Jolly's
*Step on the Hailfire Peak Bridge Switch

Is it fixable or just a bad ROM?

revl8er

That Damn Good
rabidapricot said:
Whenever I try to do the following, PJ64 crashes.

*Go up the hill toward Jolly Roger's Lagoon
*Go into the back room of Jolly's
*Step on the Hailfire Peak Bridge Switch

Is it fixable or just a bad ROM?

It's probably a bad rom, check it with good n64 or just download another rom.

Allnatural

Another suggestion: Have you been using save states? If so, load a native save and see if it still crashes.

OP
R

rabidapricot

Good N64 has told me that it's a good ROM.
I have been using savestates, but forgive my n00bishness, what is a native state?
If I do need to get another copy of BT will my old states still work?

My95ZR2

Native state just means that you save your game the normal way--just like you would on a real N64. Save the game, then restart the rom and load the game. Now go on playing and see if it fixes anything.

Explaination:
Save-States capure all the memory into a file. When you load one, you put everything back into memory, making it look like you never stopped. The problem is that some games aren't meant to be saved that way and it will courrupt (I hate spelling) the memory. Another reason is that emulation isn't perfect, and it can cause a small error in the ram that may effect playing later.

How is the best way to fix it? Go out and buy the game and a 64, or live with what ya got :p

Adam

Hyper19s

Banned
My95ZR2 said:
Explaination:
When you load one, you The problem is that some games aren't meant to be saved that way and it will corupt the memory. Another reason is that emulation isn't perfect, and it can cause a small error in the ram that may effect playing later.

How is the best way to fix it? Go out and buy the game and a N64

Adam

YES that is the way I feel somtimes
Sometimes you just have to play the real thing
yup

Solidus777

Guy Who Does Stuff
I know for certain that the Hailfire Peaks switch and Jolly Roger Lagoon's hill is probably an error in your ROM... seeing as I've doen both of those with no problems (using savestates). I know that the backroom glitch is definitly caused by Jabo's plugin (when I first tried going in there, the game crashed, and gave an error message saying that Jabo's plugin was causing the error...(Rice's Daedalus enabled me to get past that backroom).

Allnatural

Solidus777 said:
I know for certain that the Hailfire Peaks switch and Jolly Roger Lagoon's hill is probably an error in your ROM... seeing as I've doen both of those with no problems (using savestates).
The problem with save states is their unpredictability. They could become corrupt. You made it through without problems, but it doesn't mean everyone will.

Matt Lukin

Solidus777 said:
I know for certain that the Hailfire Peaks switch and Jolly Roger Lagoon's hill is probably an error in your ROM... seeing as I've doen both of those with no problems (using savestates). I know that the backroom glitch is definitly caused by Jabo's plugin (when I first tried going in there, the game crashed, and gave an error message saying that Jabo's plugin was causing the error...(Rice's Daedalus enabled me to get past that backroom).
i didnt get that error in jolly's backroom... maybe you were using a corrupt save state ;)