What's new

Winamp 5 Leaked

Stezo2k

S-2K
wow what a player, well impressed with this :)

Features:

Winamp 2 and 3(!) Skin support (most 3skins can be buggy though)
Fast speed from version 2
Loads a new features,

before you ask reason why they called it 5 is due to it being 3 merged with 2

what you guys waiting for

get it now!

*EDIT: sorry guys apparently AOL are going to take legal action to ppl that distribute it, i'm sure you guys can find it elsewhere*

i finally get to use a nice skin :)

i'm in love :)

Last edited:

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
The main thing I am concerned about is the load time...sometimes I like to randomly play stuff, and winamp 3 was realy gay because you had to wait a long ass time for the thing to start playing. I also don't like to have the program constantly running either, so no "load at startup and your done" crap either.

How does winamp 5 compare in the "load time" area?

Also, what about plugins from winamp 2? The MAD plugin (absolute must for MP3; without it, mp3 is extremely gay) is only available for winamp 2, not 3...does 5 support winamp 2 plugins?

Last edited:

2fast4u

ah yeah .. saw that yesterday. wasnt really sure if it was real tho ;) if it has the speed of winamp2 combined with winamp3 skins im gonna try it out.

OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
AlphaWolf said:
How does winamp 5 compare in the "load time" area?

Also, what about plugins from winamp 2? The MAD plugin (absolute must for MP3; without it, mp3 is extremely gay) is only available for winamp 2, not 3...does 5 support winamp 2 plugins?

Its the same as winamp2, but is a little slower if you use a winamp3 skin, pretty good

it supports everything winamp2, this was based on winamp2 mainly

PM me if you want it :)

OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
2fast4u said:
ah yeah .. saw that yesterday. wasnt really sure if it was real tho ;) if it has the speed of winamp2 combined with winamp3 skins im gonna try it out.

yeah it does mate, definatly worth downloading, have only noticed one bug, a few winamp3 skins dont work, the skin that i am using does though.

good work winamp team :)

Lex

james.miller said:
im forgive me if om wrong, but the winamp 5 alpha 1 is officially released - why would AOL give a damn?
It is not officially released, it is leaked and winamp.com confirmed that, so nothing official about that ;)

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
yeah i didnt notice anything from winamp.com about it - i just assumed that since major geeks has (or had) it, that it was released.

nevermind though, ive got it, and it rocks:)