What's new

glN64 v0.4.1

apexad

6 news posts in a row! What would this website do without me? Anyway, this news post is about glN64, a new release, v0.4.1 is out, here is what's new:

- Fixed a problem involving status bars and GeForces
- Fixed a bug that occured when taking a screenshot when hardware framebuffer textures were enabled
- Fixed a bug in the texture cache that could cause slow speed, and eventual freezing
- Fixed a bug that caused refresh rates not to be saved
- Removed some debugging code left in the texture cache that was causing a loss in speed
- Improved microcode detection, there should be fewer unknown microcode errors now
- Added an option for dithered alpha since it's slow on some Radeons, and fine on others
- Added detection and adjustment for the 1964 toolbar

Download this at the glN64 Homepage (Hosted here at www.emulation64.com)

Last edited:

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
If you have a good video card, and glN64 supports your game.

Otherwise, Rice's or Glide64 + eVoodoo.

Jabo's plugin seems to getting a bit dated. :p

zorbid

AFAIK, Jado's d3d 1.51 is still the most compatible plugin. Visual quality ain't bad at all, and it's speed is good.
Don't burry it too quickly :)

Emu_Lover

Help!!! I can't get any games to show anything in Project 64. :( I'm running the emulator in Windows XP. I can hear the sound but the emulator window is black. Please someone help. I really want to try this plugin with my GeForce FX.

smegforbrain

zorbid said:
AFAIK, Jado's d3d 1.51 is still the most compatible plugin. Visual quality ain't bad at all, and it's speed is good.
Don't burry it too quickly :)

Well, it's the default plugin, so it's the one I use the most anyways. ;)

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Well, Jabo's used to be the ONLY viable plugin. Now the others are getting real close. If only glN64 was a bit more stable..

yuan

glN64 work fine with Zelda

:nemu: glN64 works very fine with Zelda except sometime some triangles will not be culled due to the near plane setting of camera (I guess :satisfied )