What's new

Resident Evil 2 Help, Please!

DarkInferno

I can seem to get resident evil 2 to run in version 1.5 (sp installed). I tried it on project64k 0.13 and it works but it keeps freezing and is slow.

any help would be great.

thx

Clements

Try using the Unofficial Daedalus and Unofficial RSP plugins for Resident Evil 2.

Both are available here

The Unofficial Daedalus does not flicker in-game, but has depth problems and missing movies etc. ahe Unofficial RSP solves some of the sound issues (don't overwrite your original with it though) I find the game the most playable in this way. Use PJ64 1.5 SP1 as this game is pretty unstable.

OP
D

DarkInferno

thx for your reply but this plugin does the samething except it also make the graphics alot worse. Any other suggestions?

thx

Clements

The only viable alternative is Jabo's D3D6 1.5.1 (still using the Unofficial RSP). Like the Unofficial Daedalus, it also has major problems both in-game and out of game. If that don't work, then you won't have much luck, as this game has most of the movies missing which makes it look like it has frozen, depth problems, missing audio etc.

Most other plugins can't reach in-game.

OP
D

DarkInferno

Not sure how this works but I decided to use the Jabo sound plugin and now the game work well with this emulator.

PS. thx for your help though.