What's new

Detonator FX 45.23 screws up Pj64

Chronostorm

I just downloaded the new GeForce Drivers (v 45.23), but that screws up Project 64. As soon as I downloaded them, I tried to use a ROM, but I got a message my HAL-device didn't work and it asked if my video card supported Direct-3D6. Well, I assume it does, it played everything correctly until I installed the new driver for my GeForce. Does anyone know what to do about this? Thanks in advance

OP
C

Chronostorm

I've detected the problem, after I installed the new drivers, my Direct-3D support is gone... I used DxDiag.exe to check my Direct-3D support, but all the 3 tests failed (for Direct-3D 7,8 and 9 support, so I guess 6 is gone as well). I'll reinstall them as you said and hope for the best. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
OP
C

Chronostorm

I did a complete reinstall of everything (including Windows, since I had other problems as well) and installed the Detonator Drivers and DirectX 9.0b and it still won't work.

The error I get is: Direct3D failed to initialize your HAL-Device. Make sure you have a properly configured 3D Graphics card compatible with Direct3D 6.0.

But when I check Direct3D with dxdiag.exe, I get the following mistakes:

(I translated them myself, because my operating system is Dutch)

Testresultaten van Direct3D 7: Fout bij stap 8 (Bezig met maken van 3D-apparaat): HRESULT = 0x80004005 (Algemene fout)
Testresults of Direct3D 7: Error at step 8 (Making a Direct3D device): HRESULT = 0x80004005 (Generic Error)

Testresultaten van Direct3D 8: Fout bij stap 8 (Bezig met maken van 3D-apparaat): HRESULT = 0x8876086c (Foutcode)
Testresults of Direct3D 8: Error at step 8 (Making a Direct3D device): HRESULT = 0x8876086c (Errorcode)

Testresultaten van Direct3D 9: Fout bij stap 8 (Bezig met maken van 3D-apparaat): HRESULT = 0x8876086c (Foutcode)
Testresults of Direct3D 9: Error at step 8 (Making a Direct3D device): HRESULT = 0x8876086c (Errorcode)

I tried another plugin (Glide64 or something like that), but that doesn't work either...

I know my graphics card isn't top of the line, but it should be able to use Direct 3D, it could do that before I installed the new nVidia drivers.
Or do I have to enable Direct 3D one way or the other?

Last edited:
OP
C

Chronostorm

Thanks for the help everyone, but I found the solution: I had to reinstall the motherboard drivers. Now it works perfectly. :w00t: