What's new

Project64 - System Crashing

gnearo

Hi,

I've used PJ64 before, I have formatted to get rid of the gunk in my PC but now PJ64 locks up when I try to run games. It used to lock up when I went to the settings menu, but strangely enough it seems to work now. But this still doesn’t fix me playing games.

Crash symptoms are pj64 disappears or goes black then locks up, and then nothing works. You can move the mouse then it stops and the mobo BEEPS and I have to hit reset :-\

I am using all the default plug-ins with the install: jabos 1.5/1.5.1 and the other jabos for sound and input I have tried other plugins but no luck there, It seems to load the rom as soon as its at 100% it freezes.

I have tried both 1.5 and 1.5SP1
no help there.

I Guess I can keep playing on 1964 ;-)

Naaman AB

no, not 1964!
did you try using utilities such as good N64 to scan the roms you play? PJ64 is very resrictive. PJ64 likes to use roms ending in (!) (for example, the filename for the rom Legend of Zelda, the Ocarina of Time should look like this: Legend_of_Zelda,_The_-_Ocarina_of_Time_(U)_(V1.0)_(!)
also try reinstalling your system and video drivers maybe
also since you have Win2000, go to www.Microsoft.com and download a patch by saturday to protect your system against a blaster worm
hope this helps

jollyrancher

Make sure current DirectX and video drivers are installed... if they were it's always possible that a plugin could give you an error message, but they wouldn't all freeze the computer.

snowcrash

i have exactly the same problem. the strange thing is that sometimes it works and at other days not. (always the same roms)

skull1

im9i7
What roms where you trying to play? As the other guy said PJ64 needs "good roms".

check out http://www.smiff.clara.net and go under "rom untilities". you can find "good n64". That is rom verifying tool.
Also check out the site, in my opinion, it has the most comprehenssive tutorial on N64 Emulation.

Banjo-freeze

I came I saw I clicked...
gnearo said:
Hi,

I've used PJ64 before, I have formatted to get rid of the gunk in my PC but now PJ64 locks up when I try to run games. It used to lock up when I went to the settings menu, but strangely enough it seems to work now. But this still doesn’t fix me playing games.

Crash symptoms are pj64 disappears or goes black then locks up, and then nothing works. You can move the mouse then it stops and the mobo BEEPS and I have to hit reset :-\

I am using all the default plug-ins with the install: jabos 1.5/1.5.1 and the other jabos for sound and input I have tried other plugins but no luck there, It seems to load the rom as soon as its at 100% it freezes.

I have tried both 1.5 and 1.5SP1
no help there.

I Guess I can keep playing on 1964 ;-)
I had the same problem all you must do is lower the resolution, oh, and banjo-kazooie locks up on the second level, sry but i cant fix that......

snowcrash

my system isnt crtashing anymore. i just installed the new drivers for my nvidia geforce 2 MX and now it worked since 2 days without crashs.