What's new

Smash brothers laggy in PJ64

Kethinov

Hi all. I was wondering if some of you board people might be able to rectify a situation of mine. Super Smash Brothers is too laggy (40fps) to play in PJ64.

Before people go screaming "use 1964", I already tried that. SSB does work wonderfully in 1964 using jabo's 1.5 and azimer's 0.2, but that's just the thing. I want to play without sound. And in 1964, if you don't limit the FPS using a sound plugin such as Azimer's, there's no way to do it. The Video Speed Sync option in 1964 is broken and the 2 page thread I posted in that forum gave me no answers.

(Before anyone starts screaming "why don't you just shutoff your speakers?" I want to play Winamp while I play N64, and no I don't have a second computer)

So now I'm trying to, ironically, get SSB to run fast enough in PJ64. Since everyone seems to use PJ64 and everyone seems to be netplaying it using PJ64, there's got to be some hope!

I'm using PJ64k 0.12 and I'm using Jabo's direct3d6 1.5 and no sound. Anyone know how I can speed it up to 50/60fps like I've got it in 1964?