What's new

Best Atari 7800 Emulator?

alexa999

Banned
Hello, can somebody tell me in their own opinion what is the best Atari 7800 ProSystem emulator? Or can somebody tell me the best Atari in general emulator? :huh:

All your opinions are welcome! :)

OP
alexa999

alexa999

Banned
Cool! Thanks! But, an Atari in general emulator would be nicer cause I want to be able to play all the atari games on my computer. :plain: (By that I mean 2600, 5200, 7800, Lynx Portable, and Jaguar 64 if possible. Dont really care if Jaguar isn't supported.) :)

Edit: Looks like there arent any all around Atari emulators on Zophar's Domain. :( I guess I'll have to use the emus seperately. :plain: But, if you come across an all around Atari emulator let me know. :)

Edit2: This Emulator 3000 thing, I dont know what counsoles it supports, does it support Atari? :huh: :blink: :confused:

Last edited:

Clements

They are five different consoles. I'd recommend separate emulators unless you want to use MESS (which you don't).

I use CyberStella for the Atari 2600 but I'm not interested in the other consoles. Simply look through their sections in Zophar's Domain. It has every emulator available for every platform.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
There's only one Jaguar emulator I know of and it doesn't exactly work too well.

Jaguar is one of the biggest jackass systems to emulate ever...

OP
alexa999

alexa999

Banned
Tagrineth said:
There's only one Jaguar emulator I know of and it doesn't exactly work too well.

Jaguar is one of the biggest jackass systems to emulate ever...
That Sux but, isn't the Jaguar the same as an N64, 64-Bit? What are the differences? It shouldn't be too much harder than the N64 to emulate, could it?

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Jaguar isn't 64-bit really, but that doesn't matter.

The system has five programmable processors as its entire architecture. It's also riddled with flaws and bugs, making it much harder to emulate "correctly".

Saturn, for comparison, has three "programmable" and three fixed, and only just got emulated correctly.

N64 only has two. :flowers: One of them, the Reality Coprocessor, IS programmable, and tends to cause massive problems in the few games that abused it severely (Resident Evil 2).