What's new

Znes

R

rico001

It would be nice to merge the ZSNES gui to fce-ulta and give it additional features that zsnes has.

turbo fire
kailera (multiplayer)
filtering (2X sai)

cht file support

more mappers from nesterj
sound from jabo's jnes

Any programmers up to it? :cowboy:

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Heh... no way are you going to put the zSNES GUI on other emulators, simply because it would be WAY too much work.

As for the other features, you should email the FCE Ultra authors and ask.

revl8er

That Damn Good
I really don't see much of a difference between the two of them. It would be nice though to be able to use kaillera on zsnes or snes9x.

scotty

The Great One
Snes9x is best on my computer, ZSNES for Windows doesnt work here.

ZSNES has higher Graphics quality and surround sound, and that is what gives it the edge over Snes9x.

Snes9x has Snes standard graphics and sound.

Snes9x should have Kalliera on its games, Zsnes doesnt need it due to Zbattle.net

SNES emulation isnt the same without Gary Henderson and the ZSknight in the action.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I must repeat this several times. The graphics it *equal* in snes9x and zsnes. They are using the same filters available.
Sound is is rather good in snes9x _if only you would change some settings!_
Zsnes doesn't have much superiority in those areas.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Doomulation said:
I must repeat this several times. The graphics it *equal* in snes9x and zsnes. They are using the same filters available.
Sound is is rather good in snes9x _if only you would change some settings!_
Zsnes doesn't have much superiority in those areas.

Uh... no? ZSNES and Snes9x are using very different graphics engines, even if they support similar filters.

However, as far as I know, only ZSNES supports the correct four-point Gaussian interpolation of the SNES.

Doomulation

Yes, what I mean is that they support the same filters. And for what this extra feature you speak of zsnes having, I do not know what it is, nor have I seen any diffrence from using both the emulators. So, graphics are about equal.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Four-point Gaussian interpolation means the colours will be much closer to console-perfect. I don't know of Snes9x ever included it.

And ZSNES has a new filter, hq3x, in the latest WIP from pagefault, which runs kinda slow on my P3 800 (Arkanoid kept 60/60 but Bahamut's Lagoon intro was ~35fps), and looks unbelievably great. =)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Snes9x tends to be slower on my system video wise than zsnes, if i use the same resolution as Zsnes, and the same filters, i'll get 30/60 instead of the 60/60 i get in zsnes, I also think that Zsnes's sound is better, even after changing snes9x's settings.

Doomulation

Hey, nothing is perfect. But when changing sound settings in snes9x, I rarely get any crackles or pops and overall sound is good. So...

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
ZSNES still uses a good amount of inline ASM to get the job done, especially in the graphics engine. :flowers:

Snes9x is 100% C.