What's new

PS2 Emus

Status
Not open for further replies.

2fast4u

OP
J

JX030389

Yah, I know but I'm just saying theres so many out there it would be done much faster if they all did the shit together...

Trotterwatch

Yes but they may wish to program the emulator by themselves or within a small team. It's all up to the authors, they are not doing it solely to please the pirates you know, they also do it for personal learning experience, and for the challenge.

Allnatural

JX030389 said:
Yah, I know but I'm just saying theres so many out there it would be done much faster if they all did the shit together...
What a silly thing to say. Few authors work in a vacuum, so it's likely that there is already some sharing of information. Nevertheless, as was already stated, each author/team has personal goals they are trying to reach, and not one of those goals is pleasing you.

Cyberman

JX030389 said:
Hmmm.. this is quite unrealistic.. it reminds me of 'spend a lot of money and throw lots of manpower at it to solve a problem' philosophy.

Here is reality,
1:) It takes time, doesn't matter HOW many are working on it, it will STILL take the same amount of time. Consider that.
2:) linuzapps talks all the time about what he's found etc. They do not live in bubbles. Heck learning ANYTHING new about the system is often what people look for the most.
3:) See 1 and read it over and over again. The first PS2 emulator was made in 1998 it was comerical software written so companies could develope for the console before the DEV Kits systems were available. Redhat software bought that company out in 2000 I believe.
4:) The PS2 is quite complicated and has a lot of black box fun in it, this makes it very difficult to know how to emulate it. However if Linuzapps has the linux kit for the PS2 at least the video end would become better known. The reality is people have to spend a lot of time deciphering what is going on. I'm AMAZED at the progress they have made.

Don't be impatient.. be persistant. This is how they succeed where thousands of others have failed. (Trust me thousands have taken a crack at PS2 emulation.. you just will never HEAR about it).

Cyb

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Allnatural said:
What a silly thing to say. Few authors work in a vacuum, so it's likely that there is already some sharing of information. Nevertheless, as was already stated, each author/team has personal goals they are trying to reach, and not one of those goals is pleasing you.
While I totally understand what you are saying, I do think MOST authors do have a goal of pleasing their users. They should, at least, and I do (although i'm a long way from making anything that would please any end-user.)

Status
Not open for further replies.