What's new

Messenger Service sucks (get rid of it)

JX030389

Do you have those bitchy little grey box pop-ups from "Messenger Service"? I know I did, there on every damn computer with Windows Home. For you who don't know how to kill uhm...

Start Menu
Settings
Control Panel
Administrative Tools
Services
Scroll down to messenger, right click it, hit properties, hit stop...

You will never have a damn Messneger Service box interuppting your life again...God I hate those...

OP
J

JX030389

Yah, I was simply providing an alternative to adding more crap to my computer, but yah that worx too...

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Umm, stopping the service won't do anything, except prevent the messages during THAT logon. You'd have to change it from "automatic" to "disabled" to get rid of the service permanently.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Correct, messenger service is what networked computers use to send network messages. (Those little grey popups) Just like JX said.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
You're all silly and paranoid :flowers:

*doesn't even HAVE MSN messenger installed on her comp and never did*

Kevin11

Tagrineth said:
*doesn't even HAVE MSN messenger installed on her comp and never did*

I thought it came with Windows XP? At least my copy of XP did. Is that "Corp" version you have something special?

2fast4u

Kevin11 said:
I thought it came with Windows XP? At least my copy of XP did. Is that "Corp" version you have something special?

yes it did. and got uninstalled asap. :sleeping:

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Kevin11 said:

Not all versions, but the *later* versions of SP1 have MSN messenger not installed by default. She is probably using a streamlined SP1 cd to install it (same thing I use), which would prevent you from ever even seeing it unless you specificaly add it.

I don't know why anybody would want that damn thing anyways, its so freaking annoying, not to mention a waste. IMO, MSN is every bit as bad as AOL.

Last edited:

Macca

a little off topic but speaking of sps, anyone know when sp2 is due?

and yeh i've both messenger due to constant spams